Full time not working Monday Holiday Entitlement

2»

Comments

• Hi Takeaway_Addict - Yes it is
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    She's entitled to 28 days per year.

Only bank holidays that don't fall on a Monday should be deducted from that as she doesn't get paid for Mondays.

If the business think it's 20 days + bank holidays and they're assuming they can count Mondays as leave when she wouldn't work those days then they're wrong.

Imagine if you worked Monday to Friday, and they told you that you had to take all your 28 days holiday on Saturdays and Sundays; same principle.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    the clue is in the legislation.

the entitlement is 5.6weeks PAID holiday.

if it is not paid it should not be deducted from the allowance.

for a Tues-Sat worker in practice that means their days/weeks holidays that get paid are when they take those days off.
  • Hi Takeaway_Addict - Yes it is
    that didn't answer the question lol!
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Masomnia wrote: »

Only bank holidays that don't fall on a Monday should be deducted from that as she doesn't get paid for Mondays.

If the business think it's 20 days + bank holidays and they're assuming they can count Mondays as leave when she wouldn't work those days then they're wrong.

Imagine if you worked Monday to Friday, and they told you that you had to take all your 28 days holiday on Saturdays and Sundays; same principle.

This sounds about right to me.

I work part time Weds-Fri so BH Mondays are not deducted from my holiday entitlement (Easter Friday is), however as it is not a normal working day for me I don’t get a day off in lieu.
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,666 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Masomnia wrote: »

This. If she wasn't going to be working that bank holiday then she shouldn't be deducting it from her annual leave allowance.

She's full time if 37.5 hours is what a full time employee works at that employer. However it doesn't change the answer as whether or not you are full or part time you should only deduct leave from your working days.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport