Ideal Home Show (Manchester) - who's going?

Options
So which MSEers have been to the Ideal Home Show at Christmas in Manchester yesterday or are going this weekend. Anyone who's already been this year or previously, any money saving or general tips for the day?
A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.

Comments

• suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Went a couple of years back. So glad I got free tickets, in my opinion it was garbage. Overpriced stuff you can get for a fraction outside. Rip off food prices, no goody bags. I was in the queue longer than I stayed, nipped into the Trafford Centre afterwards
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • andy1886
    andy1886 Posts: 256 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Went yesterday with free tickets . Also went to the summer one which was very poor with not a lot of stalls . Yesterday we spent 5 hours browsing . It helps there are now 3 shows as it helps fill the space . We came back with booze , cheese , sauces , candles and home furnishings we could not have bought local to us . Wife bought lots of baking stuff as well as she bakes regularly . If you enjoy food there are loads to sample and buy . Only downside appeared to be lack of WiFi which meant card transactions were either slow or non existent but as a cash buyer it did not affect us , so if you are going take as much cash as you think you will need . We only left when the money ran out and did not do any classes or demonstrations .
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Visited M/Ch show , with free tickets it'brill. Loads of free nibbles, though mainly cheeses and cake, and cider, wines etc. Cooking and baking demos give you chance to sit....get a seat before a show due to start and there are never enough seats. Queues for loos are very long. Entertainment at the bandstand is also very enjoyable.....though once again seating inadequate. Very tiring but fun. Can spend lots of money if you're tempted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure