Cineworld unlimited card

Coming up to the end of first year membership, and deciding whether to renew or not. Does anyone have one, and do you think it's worth renewing it?

This was a present, so I would be shelling out hard cash for it this time.
Do you get sent any discounts or incentives to renew?. Thanks.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Coming up to the end of first year membership, and deciding whether to renew or not. Does anyone have one, and do you think it's worth renewing it?

This was a present, so I would be shelling out hard cash for it this time.
    Do you get sent any discounts or incentives to renew?. Thanks.

Can't comment on discounts or incentives.

How often do you think you would go ?

More than once a week

Do you have a partner/gf who would go with you ?
  • I go on average twice a week now. I work odd hours so actually love being able to go to the cinema during the day when it's quiet.
    Saw Dunkirk yesterday, with only two other people in the cinema.:)

Yes hubby often comes with me as do friends, and we use meerkats as well, which means we don't pay for second ticket.
  • Do you go twice a week because you have the card or would you go anyway? Using normal film cost it will pay for itself if you only went twice a month. So if you would go even once a week normally it would be silly not to renew, I always thought it was minimum 12 month contract(paying monthly) so could you renew and leave at anytime its worth checking into it.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 September 2017 at 11:12AM
    I agree with CaptainBeaker - if you are using the card more than twice per month on average, then you are getting value from it.

Whilst the Unlimited Sub has risen, the cost of ordinary tickets has crept up, too. At my local (very ordinary) Cineworld, peak time adult tickets are now £11, so the £17.40 for Unlimited looks pretty good.

You asked about benefits, and an Unlimited card with more than 1 year's membership gets you 25% off Cinema Refreshments, and there are often deals with nearby restaurants. At my Cineworld, there is 25% at the nearby Hungry Horse on Mondays and Tuesdays, which is already fairly good VFM. The more expensive restaurants have discounts all week.

There are also occasional Unlimited-only screenings (probably 3-4 per year at my local cinema). I find these a bit hit and miss (like all the "event" screenings). Sometimes, they can sell out really quickly, and sometimes there's hardly anyone there. I suspect that the advance booking system probably makes it difficult for them to address demand by moving screens around.

You can now book up to three films in advance with Unlimited, which is much more flexible than it used to be. This works well in conjunction with the online seat reservation system.
  • DCFC79
    You dont get sent any incentives or discou ts but you get the various discounts already mentioned.
  • Do you go twice a week because you have the card or would you go anyway? Using normal film cost it will pay for itself if you only went twice a month. So if you would go even once a week normally it would be silly not to renew, I always thought it was minimum 12 month contract(paying monthly) so could you renew and leave at anytime its worth checking into it.

That' s a good point. I would probably go onnce a week if I didn't have the card. Cost at my local Cineworld is £8.40 for a peak ticket, and I think 7.80 before 5.
    It's a minimum if 12 months yes. The local discounts are good. Checked them out last night.
  • Thanks for all the comments. Think I'm going to renew.
    It Works out at less than a fiver a week, and the local discounts are really good.
    Also, I think 3D films are included in the second year.

Off to see mother tonight. OH has a free ticket that we got from opening a current account earlier in the year.
    Pizza in PE from nectar vouchers as well. Cheap night out! How MSE is that:D
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If ony we had moviepass.
    Not contributing to the thread, just wishing out aloud.
  • DCFC79
    Spank wrote: »
    If ony we had moviepass.
    Not contributing to the thread, just wishing out aloud.

Yss if only.
  • scotty1971
    scotty1971 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you know someone who is a member of the RCN,they get a good discount on the unlimited card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure