CCJ - Removal of goods HELP!

Ok,
so along the way i have ignored a few letters and seems made the situation worse for myself.

What's happened is due to loosing my job, and having to sign on i have ended up with a debt of £173 to United Utilities.

I now have a warrent to take goods to the value, i opened the door to the guy he asked who i was and then i closed the door in his face. He stayed a long while then pushed a letter through my door. I never told him my name or anything like that.

Can they now enter my home when they feel like? Due to me opening the door, even though they resorted to using the letter box.

I have telephoned the court, and they have asked me to go in, I said i had recieved no communication reguarding this judgement, which i haven't however i was aware i did owe UU.

I have asked them to reduce the amount and let me pay small amounts, and they have just said go in and speak to them. What is the situation here?

Comments

• If they did not cross your threshold (and that can be done by merely putting their foot in the door), they cannot force entry into your home. What does the letter they put through your door state?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • here is a copy of the letter, also thanks for your reply.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/ccjs.jpg/

So if they did not come in, even cross the door they cannot come in with force?

Thanks again!
  • CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Hi jayboi2005, thank you for your query regarding CCJ removal of goods.
    Firstly besides a reminder and a letter before action from the creditor you would also have received a summons to court, a judgement and letter stating the claimant was applying for a warrent of execution and those last three letters would have been sent by the court. Regarding bailiff's powers, if the bailiff has not entered the property and levied on goods in the property they cannot force entry and it does not look like they have levided on goods from the letter you have posted so they should not be able to now force entry. If you do not dispute the debt and are not in a position to pay it all in full you can apply for a variation of the judgement and a suspension of the warrant using form N245. You have to complete a detailed income and expenditure and if you are on benefits and do not own a property the court will usually accept minimal offers but may want the offer reviewed if you get back into work. There is a fee for the application but if you are on means tested benefits or on a low income you can apply for fee remission using form EX160 and you will also have to supply evidence of your income in the form of a benefit letter sated within the last month if you are on a means tested benefit or bank statements otherwise. I would suggest you take the completed EX160 and N245 to the court and they should stop action straight away. If you have other debts which you are struggling to pay I would suggest you seek assistance from a debt adviser. You can find more information about varying a CCJ, court fee remission and bailiff powers at www.adviceguide.org.uk and if you need further assistance you can find your local Citizens Advice Bureau at www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure