Relocating for the MOD

Early 2018 my security clearance should finally come through and as such I will need to relocate to be nearer to my new employer. My partner will be leaving her current job to relocate with me (it's not practical to commute to her old job from the new location).

We will be selling our current home and using some of the equity to clear all our debts off. Is there any assitance for moving from either the MOD (I will be a civilian employee not a soldier etc) or elsewhere. Or is it a case of fend for yourself. I won't be eligible for a new mortgage as I'm 46 now.
Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Generally any relocation package would have been offered in the job advertisement or at interview / job offer stage. Did you not ask ?
  • There was no relocation package on offer.
    Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    yellowlawn wrote: »
    There was no relocation package on offer.

Then you will get nothing (although you did used to be entitled to a day off for moving). If, in future, you transfer within the MOD (or possibly the wider CS) you will be entitled to some assistance. Although with the current MOD financial restraints they are generally only offering the extra travel costs of the new location rather than an assisted house move.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure