To get to 11 stone or no Australia trip

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Arr that's good news how long for?
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • dawyldthing
    I went on the scales today and I weigh 14 stone 8lb, so not lost and put a pound on. It was quite bizarre as an old collegue facebook messaged me and asked if I wanted to go swimming so we went today and had a catch up while swimming. Was quite surprised to have swam 1km and it took us just over an hour even when talking. Our swim tags are uploaded to the leisure centre facebook site for a top 10 and the last one swims around 21km a month so I'm going to try and get on that leaderboard. I'm sure it's a lass I used to go to school with too so would be nice to beat her. I'm also going to start back at the gym as I have missed it.
  • sazaccount
    sazaccount Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Arr that's good news how long for?

I will be in India for just over 3 months, 11/12 weeks volunteering then doing some travelling around :D

How is your planning/weight loss going??

xx
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
  • dawyldthing
    I'm toying more towards going on holiday to Oz as I've been reading a few bits on the student website (as there's loads on there that have been out lately) and it sounds like it's more difficult to get any jobs. There's a tour from Peter pan travels for Oz and New Zealand that's right up my street, so when I get to 13 stone 7lb I'm going to book it as it will hopefully spur me on for the final 1 and a half stone. Plus with me wanting to go for New Years I don't want it to get fully booked. Flights are surprisingly reasonable to that time of year, so hoping it stays that way for a bit.

I went swimming the other day with a friend and have restarted today my food log on myfitnesspal (it's dawyldthing and I've made it public so shoul be able to find it). It's saying I'm not eating enough, but I'm just not hungry enough to eat more so might start have have more for breakfast as I've been out of sorts with being off on annual leave for a fortnight.

I quite like a bet so have decided each week I go to the leisure centre 3 times I'll have a fiver for a bet. I weighed myself the other day and weighed 14 stone 10lb, which isn't surprising as I haven't ate well, so need to keep going. I worked it out the other day when I was bored and it's 29 weeks Monday to go until the last cut off point for the wages before I hopefully go. So some weeks need to lose more than a pound, but I'm up for the challenge :) how's yours going?
  • dawyldthing
    Been on the scales this morning and I'm 14 stone 7lbs. So although I'm back to where I were a few weeks back (as my weight has been going up and down) but it's good to be back at my lowest and now the hard work starts.

I went to the gym twice and swimming once. This weeks plan is gym today and Thursday (might do Zumba Thursday, will decide on the day) and swimming tomorrow and Friday with my friend (hopefully tomorrow as her car is in for mot, but got my fingers crossed.

I must say though my fitness pal is highly addictive in a good way. It's quite enjoyable as as long as food is weighed or measured in some way it's easy to do and easy to see where I go wrong. I had a subway as I went to see s club 7 and fancied a treat but wrote it all down and still went under limit until on my way home when I was tired and got some chocolate so went a bit off, but am happy I'm back where I started. It's 28 weeks yesterday until cut off so if I lose a pound a week I'll be 12 stone 7lb for beginning December. So need a few other good weeks, but I'm hopeful and determined :)
  • dawyldthing
    I didn't realise it was nearly a month since I updated :o quite shocked really.

I'm still trying to keep active. Had an avalanche of people seeming to realise I've lost some weight which has been quite nice to be honest. Been swimming once and to an aqua class once. I'm debating whether to go today or before work tomorrow as I want to hit my 3 times a week ideally.

I was 14 stone 5lbs this morning so it's coming off slowly. I'm going to try and weigh every Saturday as my shifts have changed again and so it gives me more time to weigh and stuff. I've worked it out as I've got an idea of when I want to go (Boxing Day as I want to see the fireworks in Sydney) and its 28 weeks today. So if I do lose a pound a week hopefully I would be going 12 stone 5lbs and would be more than happy with that as Id restart it again when I got back. I sent an email for a request to see if I can get 3 month off - if you don't ask you don't get- but had no answer so I'm gathering it's a no, but have a meeting Wednesday so might just bring it up then. I'm feeling a lot better and my mind is a lot sharper. I do think it's with cutting a lot of the rubbish out to be honest.

Savings wise I've got the Australia money saved so do feel delighted, just worrying about if I do give my job up what to do next. I haven't updated my myfitnesspal for a week or so so going to restart that back up again and be honest with myself as i get too many treats on shopping day so need to be honest with myself and be more realistic now to battle the next 2 stone 5lbs.

Just glad it is going the right way.

Hope everyone is doing well too :)
  • dawyldthing
    Another month has passed :o I'm pretty certain when im going now (27th December to mid March). Work are dragging there heels so it looks like I'll be looking for a job when I get back :s not been out of work in over 4 years so am a bit mixed about it all.

Weight wise I'm about 14 stone 9lb. I've been exercising but my diet has been mixed, but with the shopping bill also going up I think both me and mum will be looking more into it.

So 24 weeks tomorrow. If I can lose my 1lb a week I'll be 12 stone something, which is better than where I am now and then would try and lose the rest when I get back
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I don't know if anyone has already recommended myfitness pal to you, but if not it's worth having a look at. It makes it much easier work out how much you need to eat to reach your goals - I've lost 6 pounds in 40 days on it so I'm a bit biased :D
  • dawyldthing
    Yeah i need to get back to myfitnesspal as it definately helped. I'll definately look for the facebook group as I'm up for any advice to be honest
  • dawyldthing
    Been cutting down and got down to 14 stone 4lb. I had a look at what my bmi used to be and what it is now and it's down nearly 8 points. All in all I've lost 3 stone 3 lb. we stood in the kitchen earlier (as we've had many losing weight graphs and Tallys over the years) and it's surprising the difference.

Ive also booked my Australia and New Zealand trip. I'm going on the 27th December. I'm on the countdown as stuffs been going off at work so I'm glad I'm leaving after all (21 weeks on Thursday it will be). Still got several things I need to book as I've done it all independently and it's saving me loads.

Exercise wise I'm enjoying the Zumba and have started going swimming with my friend I used to work with at Kwik save back in the day. I went to the gym the other day as zumba was cancelled and enjoyed being in my own world so will be building it into my week. Im just doing my core hours at work and while it's not consistent it means I can go to the gym more.

I sat looking through the photos last night and couldn't believe the difference. These next 21 weeks will be a challenge but i will be estatic if I go 12 stone something as i think I must have been 12 since I was last that weight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport