Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    ebay re-seller is my guess.
    Either that or sniffing it!

Although neither suggests moral superiority to me :think:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    My plans for yesterday evening were rudely cancelled, leaving me with time to offer the shelves in Stratford a thorough inspection.

Of note were ceramic butter dishes and egg trays. There was a lot of summer activity stuff in stick, including light bat and ball sets, tennis and badminton racquets for kids. There was also a plastic cold drinks decanter with tap, 1L I think. My prize find were silicone conical lolly moulds, 3 packs. (Rigid plastic moulds were in packs of 6)

I wasn't impressed with the Pep&Co range though.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    . My prize find were silicone conical lolly moulds, 3 packs. (Rigid plastic moulds were in packs of 6)

I wasn't impressed with the Pep&Co range though.

A tip for using the lolly moulds, stand them in a tall narrow glass to fill them as it's near impossible otherwise.
    Once you have got the tops on lie them in a long plastic sandwich box with the tops resting just on the edge. They are near impossible to carry otherwise when full and not frozen!
    Also, if they do leak, the juice is contained and hopefully won't stick the holders to the box when it freezes as they are above the escaped liquid.
    Apologies if you knew this already, but perhaps it will help someone else. :)
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Found today instore
    Burts Bees tinted lip balm - calla lily
    So... Perfume 15ml - boxed - choice of two
    Hatch n Heroes toys - dinosaurs or Finding Dory - few different characters for each
    The monkey see/hear/speak no evil garden statues were also back in stock
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bit of a jpeg spam to share - photos taken about an hour ago.

Discovered that Trongate, Glasgow is selling those plastic "rattan"-style baskets in the smaller size in twin packs!

Next to the 10" x 7.5" x 4" size, to give an idea of scale, in Black: qn26PXp.jpg?1
    Close-up of label: 8iEIdRY.jpg?1
    And, the ceramic butter dishes weren't in Argyle Street, Glasgow the other night (must sell quite quickly?) but they have a new batch in:
    WMvBTle.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    I neglected to mention, there was a stand of rectangular fridge magnets on display, roughly A8 in size. Some of the slogans were witty, but £1 is too much to charge for such a thing!

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just a FYI for anyone looking for the Bath Mats (which are pretty decent for £1)...sis wanted Beige and Turquoise but couldn't find the Turquoise ones anywhere. Argyle Street, Glasgow has a few of the Turquoise tonight.
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Found Pop Tarts 8 pack size today, this time in S'mores flavour.
  • VfM4meplse
    Luckystar wrote: »
    Found Pop Tarts 8 pack size today
    I loved these as a child, they're like jam tarts but don't leave a mess in your pocket :D

• vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2017 at 11:18PM
    Sorry if not so relevant but on the facebook extreme couponing member group the poundland clearance store in Baglan Bay retail park in Port Talbot is closing down. It's a large store, rents too high.
    They have 90% off everything in the store. Some items were originally more than a pound for example I got a minnie mouse jewellery stand that was 20p, but majority of items went through as 5p or 10p each. They've given up putting items on shelves properly so just either dropping boxes in the aisles or tipping upside down on shelves.

My mam and me had 290 items and was supposed to be just under £300 and paid just under £26. So a brilliant bargain.

There's boxes of jewellery, christmas items, only small items of nail vanish left, body lotions, halloween items, baby items, gardening, toys, crafts, children's crafts and stickers, look a like mega blok figures, cds, dvds, one direction things, loads and loads of scarves, gloves and hats, pictures.

Ideal if you resell or have a regular stall, could just buy a box of jewellery for example.

I've never been to a poundland clearance store so was suprised at some items they sold. Took me 40 minutes to get there so was worth a trip for me. I've split up items for stocking fillers (the baby items were really nice) the most I paid was 50p for a fleece baby coat and mittens. Some for gifts, and for my craft stall and a charity raffle and the rest for a bootsale, majority of jewellery I'll chuck in the bootie.

It wasn't as chaos as I thought it might be,no-one pushing or snatching just grab a trolley or a box, aisles are wide as well, queue was only about five minutes when I went as think people went off for lunch. Would have been easier if staff put out a bit better But be prepared to rummage in boxes but then that's half the fun.
    If it helps they are putting out more stock (well dropping boxes on shelves or the middle of aisles) on night shift and it's last day on saturday.

Subway is near by for a yummy lunch oh and it was quite warm in the shop and there are no drinks left in their cooler.

Sorry if its too long winded I'm not the best at explaining and I know I've forgotten a lot of what was sold there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback