Heron Global Partners acting as broker for Diamond Construction and Renewables

Comments

• Just got scam 20k for mini bonds introduced by jack grundy and phil walker, ellie , the all claim to be brokers under heron global partners and run virtual offices. The introduced me to a company call diamond construction & renewables offering 10% interest rate yearly, i cant get hold of any one in this company and heron global partners after working hard and getting on phone with them, will not disclose thier current location and claim office is being shut down , no responds from diamond construction and renewables, all numbers are invalid and no one to get in touch with. This is sickening as people think than can get away with your hard earn mony. Any one in similar situation . Advice pls
  • Just got scam 20k for mini bonds introduced by jack grundy and phil walker, ellie , the all claim to be brokers under heron global partners and run virtual offices. The introduced me to a company call diamond construction & renewables offering 10% interest rate yearly, i cant get hold of any one in this company and heron global partners after working hard and getting on phone with them, will not disclose thier current location and claim office is being shut down , no responds from diamond construction and renewables, all numbers are invalid and no one to get in touch with. This is sickening as people think than can get away with your hard earn mony. Any one in similar situation . Advice pls
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You might wish to report this to Action Fraud but don't hold your breath on seeing any of your money again....
  • Katiewhy2
    Katiewhy2 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Ive think I have lost lots of money investing through Heron Global in DCR mini bond in wind power- Now Heron aren't responding to calls or emails and the DCR people the same-

Is anyone else in the same boat?
    I'm going out of my mind with worry- Its money I can't afford to lose and I want to take action to get it back-
    I'm trying to find other people in the same boat that I can join forces with to try and get the money back.
  • Katiewhy2
    I'm in the same boat- I'm sickened by what has happened- I'm a single mum of 3 dependants and feel so stupid having invested but it all seemed so legit - I can ill afford to lose this money.
  • Katiewhy2
    Dont touch them with a barge pole! Its all gone quiet and I seem to have lost a massive amount of money :(
  • I am in complete empathy. I got my bank's scam team to check with Santander about the dcr account to which the money for the mini bond was sent by bank transfer. That account has no funds. You may contact me at wdwvltrm@outlook.com
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 8,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I am in complete empathy.
    [SNIP]
    You may contact me at xxx

Beware of people helping you to 'recover' your losses, for a fee of course. I've marked that as spam on general principles
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 April 2017 at 6:49PM
    Katiewhy2 wrote: »
    feel so stupid having invested but it all seemed so legit
    There were warning signs. You will now be on a "suckers list" which gets sold to other scammers you need to learn how to spot them. A typical scam will have:
    * A high interest rate or other predicted return
    * Will be from a company you have never heard of before
    * They will cold call you. Never buy anything financial from a cold call, or anything else for that matter but particularly nothing financial as regulated firms are not allowed to cold call.
    * They will have a flashy, professional looking web site. Ignore it. Any crook can rustle one up from a template in no time. If you are tech savvy you could check when it was created and who owns it. Recently made sites and hidden owner details are red flags.
    * Don't be reassured by a UK address or phone number. It's probably just a rental that forwards mail and calls elsewhere, often abroad.
    * Sign up to the Telephone Preference Service. If you have already then you should have realised it is not legal to cold call somebody on the TPS (ignore the response "you ticked a box on a web site". They won't be able to tell you which web site if you ask!)

Don't get drawn into a conversation. No need to be polite and try to come up with a reason for saying no as they have scripted answers for everything you might say. I just say "I never buy anything from a cold call" and put the phone down before they can answer. That's the polite version, I often give them a piece of my mind first!

It's been said a couple of times above but beware anybody contacting you to say that can get your money back, it's a typical follow up scam.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Reaper wrote: »

Don't get drawn into a conversation. No need to be polite and try to come up with a reason for saying no as they have scripted answers for everything you might say. I just say "I never buy anything from a cold call" and put the phone down before they can answer. That's the polite version, I often give them a piece of my mind first!

I usually say "hang on one minute", put the phone down (without cutting the call off) and then leaving them hanging on until they give up. Every second you delay them is a second they arent scamming someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure