Advice relocating from NI to England

schnauzerfan
schnauzerfan Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 4 April 2016 at 8:27PM in England
I am relocating from Belfast to the Mainland undecided about which city I'm thinking outskirts of London, Birmingham, Manchester or even Liverpool. I have numerous pressing reasons for the move and it has been well considered.
I currently have a 3 bed council house in a good area and have been told that a swap to the mainland is possible when another tenant is willing. However not many are! So my next option is a landlord, something which I have an inherent fear of as I know some can be quite dodgy. Yet I have an idea that there might be some landlord chains in England ie someone who rents out numerous family houses as opposed to a private landlord and someone who rents in as close a manner to the councils as possible. Maybe I am wrong but if anyone can clear up my idea that would be great.
Does anyone know of any such chains? :T

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You're thinking of housing associations, maybe? That's the closest I can think of but they do operate in almost exactly the same way as the local authority: you'd generally have to be on the local housing register to have the faintest chance of applying for one.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport