Debenhams has left the Nectar scheme, yet £5 & £10 discount vouchers are up for grab!

What's this about?

Up until 16 Feb you could collect and redeem Nectar points at all Debenhams stores. Now the plug's been pulled and the department store's no longer part of the loyalty scheme but, by way of apology, Debenhams is giving away vouchers for £5 off £25 & £10 off £50 spends to all Nectar card holders. These are valid 'til 29 June '08.

How to get your vouchers

Find your nearest Debenhams store then visit a counter to flash your Nectar card. You'll then be given your vouchers. According to Deb's press office, they'll be available until the end of April, "subject to review".

Don't have a Nectar card but plan to spend over £25?

Easy, get a card so you can get the vouchers. Simply go to a local Sainsburys or BP garage and collect a Nectar card, then use it to claim your vouchers. Remember to register the card on Nectar's site so any future points accumulated aren't lost if the card's misplaced or stolen.

Terms & Conditions
  • Vouchers cannot be used online.
  • Vouchers can only be used once and must be handed in on redemption.
  • Vouchers aren't valid against the purchase of financial or food services, cash, gift vouchers, giftcards or in payment of any outstanding balance on a Debenhams account.
  • This discount can't be used in conjunction with a staff card or any other offer or promotion.
  • Photocopies will not be accepted.
  • Excludes selected concessions.
[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Unfortunately I tried to get my vouchers on Saturday from my local store, I was told they'd run out and would not be getting any more. The sales assistant said they were subject to availability. But the email from Debenhams doesn't say this so I've contacted Debenhams to complain!
  • hpow wrote: »
    Unfortunately I tried to get my vouchers on Saturday from my local store, I was told they'd run out and would not be getting any more. The sales assistant said they were subject to availability. But the email from Debenhams doesn't say this so I've contacted Debenhams to complain!

I think you're just unlucky that your local store is surrounded by other savvy MoneySavers who got there first! :p

I've been assured these vouchers are widely available (even got a couple in my Debenhams card statement last night!) and as Debenhams' press office told me two days ago they'd be at counters until April, I'd be surprised if your local branch isn't supplied with more.

high5five wrote: »
    So do you have to spend £25 to get your vouchers, or can you just walk in, show your card, and use the vouchers later?

Walk in, show your Nectar card, get the vouchers and use 'em then or any other time before the end of June.
  • OK I will keep trying then! I really want them as I've already made a list of stuff to get with them!
  • new
    When I went to Debenhams, Bullring, at first the counter assistant did not know anything about this promotion, but with the help of the personal shopper - a very helpful lady, these were spotted and I actually managed to use both the £10 and £5 vouchers, because she applied them to two of my purchases as separate transactions. I told her about the wonderful MSE website and gave her the link too! The discounts I got were extremely useful - so thanks for email updates!
  • I was doing an exchange at my local debenhams and when I asked was told that these only went out in the post to debenhams cardholders. When I politely replied that I'd heard they were for all nectar cardholders the SA 'remembered' and gave one to me but I had to push her a bit on it....

cheers for the tip
  • I've received these vouchers in the post today but as I've mentioned in a separate thread there is a mistake on the £10 voucher. The required spend is £25 on the front of the voucher, £50 on the back of the voucher.

Whoops!
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've received these vouchers in the post today but as I've mentioned in a separate thread there is a mistake on the £10 voucher. The required spend is £25 on the front of the voucher, £50 on the back of the voucher.

Whoops!

I just had these through the post too, got excited until i read the back too about £50 spend for £10 off:confused:
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family