loan after bankrutcy has ended

Hi , i went bankrupt in mar 09 and finished mar 10, i am looking for a reccomended company that will give a non home owner a small loan (2000) i have a full time job for two years, any ideas would be appreciated. and thanks again to anyone who helped me in the run up to my bankruptcy

Comments

• dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Hi , i went bankrupt in mar 09 and finished mar 10, i am looking for a reccomended company that will give a non home owner a small loan (2000) i have a full time job for two years, any ideas would be appreciated. and thanks again to anyone who helped me in the run up to my bankruptcy

Unfortunately you will be extremely lucky to get a loan of this size so soon after your BR:o
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • Ineedaname
    Ineedaname Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Can you not save up for what you want? I'm not sure I would ever want to start on the slippery slope again post discharge.
    When I joined, I needed a name. The forum members gave one to me...I am INAN :D
    "Fortunes ebb and flow and a boat must move with the tide and be thankful that it floats." Judith Allnatt
  • NeverAgain_2
    NeverAgain_2 Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Even payday companies only lend up to £1,000 or so over a month or two.

If those swine won't touch you, you know not to do it.
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    have you cleaned up your credit references?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • I would never want to see another loan/credit card application in my life if/when I go BR.
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Agree with the others, there is no way I would want to start going down that route again.

Is what you need so urgent that you can't save up for it?
  • kepar
    kepar Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Agree to a point, but you may not feel the same 2-3 years after br, when things start to go wrong. Or you need a new bed etc, sometimes saving up can take too long. Saying you will never take credit on again, I believe is not the thing to do. If you don't take credit on, your credit score will keep falling and never rise, so for anybody wanting a mortgage although your br may be a concern, if you don't improve your score you will have no chance.
    If you do take credit on, you will be aware of what can happen to you if it gets out of control, but if you can stay sensible then go for it.
  • RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would never want to see another loan/credit card application in my life if/when I go BR.

Me neither. It was a hard, humiliating, painful lesson to learn. Once I'm clear I have no desire to go back for re-sits!

That said, maybe the OP urgently needs a second-hand car or something? Not sure what to suggest - any family members that might be willing to help?

Good luck OP. x
  • kepar wrote: »
    Agree to a point, but you may not feel the same 2-3 years after br, when things start to go wrong. Or you need a new bed etc, sometimes saving up can take too long. Saying you will never take credit on again, I believe is not the thing to do. If you don't take credit on, your credit score will keep falling and never rise, so for anybody wanting a mortgage although your br may be a concern, if you don't improve your score you will have no chance.
    If you do take credit on, you will be aware of what can happen to you if it gets out of control, but if you can stay sensible then go for it.

Tis probably just my frame of mind at the moment kepar. Maybe 2 or 3 years on along the line I may well feel different but at the moment its just a no no never again!
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    erm...excuse my ignorance, but isn't a mortgage actually 'credit' in a posh name?

Yet a mortgage seems to be the most common aspiration of [ex]BR's on this forum?

[not mine, too old, not enough pay packets left]...

Only a moment ago, on another recent thread, the question of car insurance arose....and [in common with myself] a poster commented about having car insurance and 'paying monthly'.....a system which, with this particular insurer, attracts interest payments...

credit, under another guise, surely?

Many on here will pay their power bills by monthly direct debit....where usage may get into either credit.....or debit....

'credit', surely, in the latter instance?

The OP is seeking a small loan.....to finance an immediate necessity, no doubt....something we might all consider doing if the 'need' arose?

To adamantly believe ex-BR's will have nothing more to do with 'credit' is missing the point.

heck, some of us may even yet end up petitioning for BR again....maybe...at some point in the future?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure