Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Comments

• First post for a while.

With my eye on the countdown to the 6th Dec deadline I decided to book a weekend break (a regular gig so to speak) in a hotel in a market town to attend a festival. Never had a problem before with three hotel chains supplying establishments in the area and therefore having the option to pick and choose where I stay. My experience this time round. One hotel opting out of the scheme (but may come back on board at a later date) and the other two quoting non availability for my dates (over quota). Never had a problem before. The festival itself is far from mainstream.

I am instantly suspicious. I have another regular gig around the wifes birthday which I'm going to sound out (different dates and destinations) and If the same thing occurs, well, it would be easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline. However, thinking of the logistics of carrying this out and the repercussions if it was to be the case lead me to think I might be a little paranoid. But then again, thats what they all say.........

Anybody else experiencing this since the announcement?
  • pub_dog wrote: »
    First post for a while.

With my eye on the countdown to the 6th Dec deadline I decided to book a weekend break (a regular gig so to speak) in a hotel in a market town to attend a festival. Never had a problem before with three hotel chains supplying establishments in the area and therefore having the option to pick and choose where I stay. My experience this time round. One hotel opting out of the scheme (but may come back on board at a later date) and the other two quoting non availability for my dates (over quota). Never had a problem before. The festival itself is far from mainstream.

I am instantly suspicious. I have another regular gig around the wifes birthday which I'm going to sound out (different dates and destinations) and If the same thing occurs, well, it would be easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline. However, thinking of the logistics of carrying this out and the repercussions if it was to be the case lead me to think I might be a little paranoid. But then again, thats what they all say.........

Anybody else experiencing this since the announcement?

Hi Pub_Dog

I've had the same problem, although I've only tried calling up one hotel so far..

Very bizarre that when we checked on their website they were showing availability but then I called them direct and all the weekends I was looking for were apparently fully booked. She did give me another number to try however so may give that a go...
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Hi Pub_Dog

I've had the same problem, although I've only tried calling up one hotel so far..

Very bizarre that when we checked on their website they were showing availability but then I called them direct and all the weekends I was looking for were apparently fully booked. She did give me another number to try however so may give that a go...

As far as I know they only have a certain number of rooms available to clubcard vouchers at any one time. This may be why there was availability online, but not when you rang up.
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    amphy wrote: »
    Hi I am planning to spend the clubcard point on Megabus. The T&C usually state that 'token are not transferable'. So just wonder if I am going to book 6 tickets for myself and family, could I use the clubcard towards the whole tickets or it can only be used for my ticket? Does anyone know about this?
    Thank you.
    I have never used Tesco vouchers for Megabus, although have used their cheap train service many times (fares are often only £1 so not worth using a Tesco voucher !!).

Anyway, when you get to the checkout on Megabus there is a box that says something about voucher. I suspect you just put in the voucher number and it will deduct it from the balance outstanding.

To be sure, why not ring Megabus - after having looked for a geographical number at 'saynoto0870.com' first, else you will have a horrendus phone bill at the end !
    You will be ok as all it asks is for the Token number that you get emailed from Tescos as i did it a few weeks ago and that all they need to know.

By the way they wont send the tokens in the post they send them by email.

Hope that helps.

I've been trying to book with Megabus all afternoon, fine if I want to pay real money but it wasn't going to do anything with the tokens. Finally rang Tesco (cos I wasn't going to spend 60p/minute) and 2 hours later they've rung back to confirm that they can't get it to work either so they will refund me my £5 voucher.

So, if I were you I'd just cough up the real dough and use your Clubcard Rewards for some magazines to read on the journey.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    pub_dog wrote: »
    easy for me to suspect collusion between Tesco and its partners with Tesco "encouraging" its partners to declare non availability till after the deadline

unless they are vetoing all availability for the next 6m (because thats how long deal tokens are valid for), then yes, i do think you are paranoid

whats stopping you changing up vouchers now, whilst they are still at 4x the value?

F
  • You will be ok as all it asks is for the Token number that you get emailed from Tescos as i did it a few weeks ago and that all they need to know.

By the way they wont send the tokens in the post they send them by email.

Hope that helps.

Now I'm really worried.
    I ordered double up vouchers online to use online, expecting the codes to be emailed to me. I've had an acknowledgement, followed by a despatch email...sent by Royal Mail??????
    This was over a week ago now...help!
  • Pippajo
    Pippajo Posts: 900 Forumite
    I sent tesco a question but they are so busy I think it will be easier to get the answer on here. I have a £15 clubcard voucher and I want to get 4x prezzo tokens. Will they send it as a £60 token or does it usually come in smaller increments as without drinks we would not spend that amount in Prezzo?

If not I'll trade in less and get the balance back on the next mailing at 3x.
  • flea72
    Pippajo wrote: »
    I sent tesco a question but they are so busy I think it will be easier to get the answer on here. I have a £15 clubcard voucher and I want to get 4x prezzo tokens. Will they send it as a £60 token or does it usually come in smaller increments as without drinks we would not spend that amount in Prezzo?

If not I'll trade in less and get the balance back on the next mailing at 3x.

prezzo vouchers usually come in £10s

F
  • flea72
    sparky1664 wrote: »
    Now I'm really worried.
    I ordered double up vouchers online to use online, expecting the codes to be emailed to me. I've had an acknowledgement, followed by a despatch email...sent by Royal Mail??????
    This was over a week ago now...help!

check your spam folder. they are def emailed, even though the email says royal mail

F
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi still never received restaurant deals tokens and 2 wks had passed so phoned tesco waited ages and ages to get through and in the end ...... a man answered
    they dont know where vouchers are so sending out new ones and have told me they will be with me before xmas very much hope so as this is our treat and want these for xmas.they really really busy at present.
    snipped

You did say to Tesco didn't you that you didn't receive your 'restaurant deals tokens'?
    That is you rang 0808 1000 707 for Tesco Freetime, rather than the standard Clubcard no?
    It just that the rest seems ambigous - could apply to cash vouchers not rec'd and 'rolled over' for next mailing!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport