Peer to Peer lending/Property ISA

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I was on a large property sales/lettings site (can I say the name?!) and noticed an 'invest' tab which leads to the following:

Property ISA: allows savers to own a stake in property by investing in professionally managed homes. Properties are bought and professionally let out to tenants on behalf of this community of savers.

Peer to Peer lending: Earn up to 3.79%* with a peer-to-peer mortgage investment (Although they specifically say your capital is at risk).

Has anyone tried either of these? Any words of wisdom?

I'm not looking to invest mega-bucks, nor am I looking to make a fortune. Just thought it might make a little back... :)

Comments

• bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Miss165 wrote: »
    Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I was on a large property sales/lettings site (can I say the name?!) and noticed an 'invest' tab which leads to the following:

Property ISA: allows savers to own a stake in property by investing in professionally managed homes. Properties are bought and professionally let out to tenants on behalf of this community of savers.

Peer to Peer lending: Earn up to 3.79%* with a peer-to-peer mortgage investment (Although they specifically say your capital is at risk).

Has anyone tried either of these? Any words of wisdom?

I'm not looking to invest mega-bucks, nor am I looking to make a fortune. Just thought it might make a little back... :)

I would run a mile. Get very worried when you see words like professionally managed, professionally let out.

Sounds like complete hogwash to me.

Of course you would expect professionalism, they would hardly say badly mangled, let to complete layabouts.

3.79% is not so good for the risk of p2p either

Don't get sucked in. It's rubbish.

Cheers fj
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've seen these advertised, there was 3 main companies set up at the time. I was going to invest but there was to many unanswered on the websites so I went for An other P2P. Although when I looked at it, they called it crowed funding.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Dan83 wrote: »
    Although when I looked at it, they called it crowed funding.

If you think that will help you grow your nest egg, proceed with caw-tion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure