Brooch bouquet

Hi all

i've got my heart set on having a brooch bouquet, I can't post a link but if you google 'wedding brooch bouquet' there are pictures!

My best friend is convinced we can make one and there are currently people scouring junk shops and ebay for brooches! Has anyone else attempted one? Any tips/suggestions would be gratefully received!

Not getting married til July 2011 so I figure I've got time to play around and decide if it is possible to make something that looks like a bouquet rather than just a bunch of brooches! :p
Declutter 100 items in Jan 11/100

Comments

• I'm currently in the process of making mine, its the hardest DIY project I've ever done cos its a lot of wire bending. I adapted a tutorial from offbeat bride which showed you how to make a crystal bouquet to just ues brooches instead. I think the most important thing is to have pretty big brooches, otherwise it looks a bit spare, its taken me half the time to find ones that fit properly.

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/02/crystal-bouquets?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OffbeatBride+%28Offbeat+Bride%29
    trying to become a moneysaving student
  • alenax
    alenax Posts: 303 Forumite
    brooch-bridal-bouquet-studiodelfior.jpg

You mean something like this? I really want to make one too! I might Google a tutorial or something and definitely make one, it would make a lovely keepsake as well, maybe a family heirloom that your children could get married with! I haven't started looking yet but I'm planning to go to charity shops etc.
  • Thank you! The picture shows exactly the sort of thing I mean! And I'm glad I'm not the only person to take on this project - most of my family have looked at me as if i'm mad when i've told them about it!
    Will let you know how I get on......
    Declutter 100 items in Jan 11/100
  • m000_2
    m000_2 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Great idea!

I saw this yesterday but I think it's a bit too adventurous!
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    alenax wrote: »
    brooch-bridal-bouquet-studiodelfior.jpg

Wow that is lovely isnt it? ive never sen anything like it before. I wonder how many brooches you would need? Im going to start having a lok in charity shops and see just how many flower ones I can see and how much they are and take it from there.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • alenax
    alenax Posts: 303 Forumite
    nic2075 wrote: »
    Wow that is lovely isnt it? ive never sen anything like it before. I wonder how many brooches you would need? Im going to start having a lok in charity shops and see just how many flower ones I can see and how much they are and take it from there.

It is, I love the fact it's so shiny and quirky. Not sure I'd be throwing it at the bridesmaids though!

You could probably mix and match, get some from charity shops and some from High Street places like New Look/Claire's etc, plastic flowers are quite big as accessories at the moment so it might make it easier to fill the bouquet up.
  • Hi try also boot sales, bazaars, ebay maybe and places like greenwich market - I have bought them from places like that. Dont think I have time but it is very pretty !! Good luck with it.:T
    We got married 17th April 2010 !! A wonderful day with my wonderful husband !! :T
  • debs2327
    debs2327 Posts: 1,172 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2010 at 10:47PM
    wow thats gorgeous you could make mini ones for your bridesmaids to use and keep too , i made my bouquet for my wedding and it was just silk lillies and gorgeous but i wish id seen that as i would have made one of them too , xx

just looked on ebay for you girls and theres some lovely ones that would be good to use and not too expensive

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=flower+brooch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

you could always ask around your families to see if any of them have any brooches that you could use that way it would be more personal
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
    :D:j:D:A:)
  • broochbouquets.co.uk
  • twirlypinky
    twirlypinky Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    These are lovely! I'm making a felt and button bouquet and i intend to search little antique shops this weekend for old buttons, i bet they sell old brooches too!
    saving up another deposit as we've lost all our equity.
    We're 29% of the way there...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport