Finding lists of investment trusts in Europe?

Can anyone suggest a tool (similar to Morningstar) that I could use to find details of investment trusts that are traded on stock markets in Europe? I have visited the Morningstar sites for major European countries but have not seen anything on them that seems to refer to investment trusts, and yes, I appreciate that they are called different things in other languages. (I have no difficulty in finding details of closed-ended investment vehicles on Morningstar USA, but that does not give me what I need either.)

Comments

• Porcupine
    Porcupine Posts: 682 Forumite
    They exist, and are listed on exchanges like Euronext in Paris and Amsterdam. But they seem to be treated just like normal shares, rather than as a special category. A bit like REITs are just property companies rather than some special listing. I think 'closed-end fund' is what they're called in English, but you have to find the local translation for this.

http://citywireglobal.com/funds-and-managers
    doesn't allow filtering by structure.

If I look on Morningstar.nl for 'Closed-end Fondsen' I find a total of 5 funds. I can't find anything similar for France, but maybe I don't know the right French term. Maybe have a look through 'tools' section of the various Morningstar sites looking for appropriate filters?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure