PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, today's gems :)

1) It being fresh this morning. Lovely chill in the air.
    2) Instant mash at work for lunch. Using up storecupboard stuff makes me feel good.
    3) Eating more fruit. I feel better for it :)
    4) A nice workout this evening - boxercise - I feel great!
    5) Tea all prepared and organised, and ready for a nice relaxing evening :)

Have a nice evening everyone

(((hugs))) Kitchenbunny xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    # being asked out on a date! Whoohoo!!

:j that's exciting!

5 for today....

1) Going to the library this morning, printing out my college work and son's Divali homework and swapping my magazines for new ones in the "swaps" box.

2) Doing MOUNTAINS of washing (3 loads!), tidying up and getting everything ready for school starting again tomorrow including polishing shoes.

3) Making a nice tea - roast chicken, potatoes, leeks, carrots and stuffing. Taking little son up to see my brother's pigs and giving them the peelings and scraps. Saving some chicken and stuffing so I can have a nice sandwich when I'm working at school tomorrow.

4) Older son doing well in his trumpet lesson.

5) Sons in bed and about to try some damson gin (just checking to see if it needs more sugar, you understand....) and reading my new Good Housekeeping magazine delivered this morning. :beer: Might polish off the last bit of blackberry and apple crumble as well. Got University Challenge to watch on iplayer when I'm in bed.

Hope you all have a good evening.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello

Not had a great day today at all however I have:

1. Worn my new winter hat
    2. Listened to my book on CD in the car
    3. Had a long chat with a good friend
    4. Playing with my DD
    5. Just heading to bed now with a good book

The sun'll come out tomorrow..........
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    1) Very smelly lunch today. People were covering their noses with scarves but it was tasty. Leftover kedgeree and it was free.
    2) Found two of DS's friends here when I came home from work. DD was on the laptop on the floor. Two of them had guitars and were practicing something for the Christmas production and the last one was destroying zombies on the x-box. All in the same room.
    3) Had a lovely cuppa with a friend whilst delivering some produce from the allotment.
    4) Actually did the ironing. Not a pleasure as such but the basket is empty, at last. Poor DH wore his last/best shirt to work this morning, so it had to be done.
    5) Watched the Winston Churchill thing this evening, almost by mistake. I enjoyed the look of it
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2009 at 12:00AM
    Options
    Evening everybody - cold and damp here tonight :(.

bails - wow - lying on the roof looking at a blue sky and feeling warm - you lucky lady. Hope your Tibetan lesson went well :).
    bunny too - aaahh not just my son who can clear a biscuit jar in one sitting then :rolleyes:! On the other hand, if he didn't - I'd be wondering if they weren't up to standard ;).
    Louba - well done on your OH making a Mars Bar Cake :T.
    zippychick - we haven't been able to bring ourselves to get another cat yet - not sure that OH will ever want another as he was so heartbroken at the time. He's asthmatic and T-T's fur used to aggravate his breathing but he used to just use his inhalers and deal with it. In fact T-T was asthmatic too and I always said they triggered each other :rotfl:. Can you tell me please, what is 'skittles' Vodka - sounds like a bottle of voddie with a pack of 'skittles' floating in it :confused: - but surely it can't possibly be THAT simple ;). Wtg on your cooking marathon :grin:.
    billy858 - definitely feels like hibernation time, doesn't it :( - hope you managed to get some whoopsies at the supermarket. Good luck with the half-marathon.
    grandmasam - well done on your solar light strings - they sound lovely and should really brighten up your garden at this time of year.
    Kitchenbunny - what a great organised day/evening - wish my chaotic life could be more like that.
    ACEY - Now just hang on a minute here - what are you and grandmasam doing right, that I'm doing wrong! Both asked out on dates - I don't know - can't let you two loose for five minutes ;). :T you had the exact same meal as we did on Sunday evening - including the carrots and leeks :grin:.
    Rummer - You sound as though you need a smiley-hug008.gif. Hope you enjoyed reading your book in bed tonight and remember that tomorrow's ...............only a d-a-y a-w-a-a-a-a-y ;).
    Patchwork - lol at your 'smelly lunch'. I love kedgeree, but I don't 'do' smoked anything - I like it with tuna :grin:. Oh the joys of being the mother of teenage sons ;).

Mine for today are:

1. Feeling bad at having to tell folks our trip is off, but they do all understand.
    2. DD rang to say that dgs1 kicked up a fuss at the school gates this morning, but that his new teacher had arranged a 'buddy' to help settle him in and that he was actually smiling when she left the building.
    3. Oh dear - one in school and one out again! DD had a phone call to say that dgd1 had been sick in school and could she come to collect her. What a blessing that DS1 had just left here in his van and could be phoned for help. He collected her from school and delivered her to her mother before 'it' happened again!
    4. First attempt at making Pumpkin Soup (in SC) has been declared a resounding success by OH :j. Just waiting for it to cool down enough to be 'whizzied' then it can be portioned up for the freezer - though I may need to leave some out for lunch tomorrow.
    5. Lunch today was HM Leek and Potato Soup with crusty bread - a real blessing on a cold, wet, windy day.
    6. Had to rescue wheelie bins from the middle of the road today due to the winds blowing them over once they'd been emptied. Gave me an opportunity for a chat to a neighbour that I don't often see when I returned hers to her driveway.
    7. Been looking for recipes for roasting pumpkin seeds and found these: http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Roasting-Pumpkin-Seeds/Detail.aspx - so will have a go tomorrow though may need to let them dry out for a couple of days first.
    8. dgs1 came out of school smiling at 3.00pm and said he'd had beefburger for school dinner today :rotfl: - wonder what tomorrow will bring ;).
    9. Going to have a hot drink and slice of Banana Loaf and then take myself off up to bed for a read of my book.

Nitey nite all - sleep tight - love Ollie xxx
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Today mine are:

1 Losing 6lb at my weigh in (not been weighed for 3 weeks) and only having 3lb left to reach my goal of 4 stone lost
    2 Not using car even though it was cold - just wrapped us all up
    3 Started going to parent group at school so I can help with school Christmas fate
    4 Dd eating all of her tea even though it took her an hour, its the first tea she has finished for quite some time!!
    5 Having a glass of wine, wrapped up in a blanket so no heating on even though dh wanted to put it on earlier as its turned very cold

This thread has really made me look at things differently. Rather than just think about the bad things, I am thinking about all the good things (no matter how small) and its making me feel alot happier in myself. So thank you everyone, I am alot more positive about life rather than worrying about money etc!!
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My five for Monday:

1. Yes, I think reading the posts on here is helping me focus on the positive again too. I find myself smiling at other peoples pleasures (and remembering mine that I'd forgotten) :D Thank you.

2. We sorted out a coat stand to go in the kitchen. This is important because it means that all the coats have got taken off the temporary over-the-door hooks on the kitchen door (there had been nowhere else to hang them and we can't attach hooks to the walls)... and this means that the door will now shut... and this means that we can cut off a significant amount of heat loss to the rest of the house because the kitchen is by far the coldest room in the house and this means that we should save some more money!

3. Sunshine.

4. A really positive phone call with a customer care person sorting out a difficult situation which will hopefully result in me getting a refund. It was all very civilised and grown-up and I think I might get the result I want.

5. Catching up on the Archers on iplayer.:rolleyes:

Sleep well everyone.

B xxx
  • bunny_too
    bunny_too Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Nuttybabe loved your post, just how i feel too.

Morming everyone, my 5 today are.

1. At last found a recipe i am happy with for white bread. It came from a Thriftlady post. Have made rolls for son's pack lunch. Hope he likes them?:money:

2. Got all the washing dried and ironed yesterday. Just to put it all away this morning.

3. 1 more drawer to clear out in bedroom and that,s them finished. Hate clearing out drawers, needs must and flylady says little and often. Set my timer and only spent 15mins.

4. NSD today, son driving himself to school, will not go out today.

5. Spend some time reading posts, and picking up lots more hints and tips. Love to go way back and read posts from when the board first started.:money: Have a great os day everyone.:wave:
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :D

Ollie Your soup sounds lovely can I come for tea please ;)

My five for yesterday are:

1. Enjoying watching Flashforward with all the family last night.

2. Watching Susie, the Labrador, trying to eat DH's poppy while it was still attached to him :rotfl: She was fascinated.

3. Sorting out my recipe file and being ruthless with the ones that sound nice but that I'll never cook :o

4. Talking to my Dad on the phone for a change - he normally gets Mum for me & catches up from her.

5. Waking up 5 minutes before the alarm so it was a nice gentle ease into the day.

Have a good day all.
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone!

1) enjoying my free Buddhist philosophy class
    2) having my first free Tibetan lesson and giggling away with my landlady for an hour - she became hysterical when we stumbled across 'women's bits' in the health section of the vocab book :D
    3) my animals, even though they're far away and I miss them
    4)leftover food from last night which was just as yummy today
    5) time to myself to refocus on what's important to me

Have a lovely day x
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories