Refused refund by pics2posters

Hi

on March 15th I ordered some photos blown up by this company pics2posters.co.uk, I needed these photos for my Grandparents Diamond Wedding on the 26th March, they had a 5 day postage promise so thought I had ordered with plenty time in hand, this cost me about £30.. after ordering I read some horrible reviews about them being slow and not refunding etc so I deciced to cancel, it seemed impossible to contact them, phone numbers I got didnt work..all 3 of them, their website links did not work at the time for 'contact us' etc but they do now... I managed to get an email to them within 10 minutes asking for a refund - they replied saying they couldnt as I they were put into a "speedy checkout process" to ensure that I get them ASAP and that could not be reversed...obviously rubbish, anyhow as time came closer they did not arrive and I become concerned so I ordered some from Jessops which were here within 2 days of ordering - the Diamond wedding was on Saturday the 26th March, the photos arrived from pics2posters on Monday the 28th March, refused to sign for them and returned them.

anyway I asked for refund and they refuse saying they got them out on the 23rd March and they are not being held responsible for Royal Mails delays... thing is I dont believe they were even sent out then as they didnt arrive until 28th March.. and theyre 5 day "rule" would make it 20th March not 23rd March... or if 'working days' only its still Monday 21st March they should have been posted by.

I paid by credit card, I rang the card company instantly who said its already gone through but they will cancel the card but the money would probably still go out and it did and i got a new card...dont know what the point of that was? I thought when I shopped online I was protected with my Credit Card?

Am I entitled to refund?
Should the credit card company do more about it?

thanks

Comments

• Freddie_Snowbits
    Freddie_Snowbits Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    One is minded in circumstances of when things are needed for a certain date. Unless you made this an essence of your contract, then I am afraid you are at the 7P part of the process.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pi[STRIKE]ps[/STRIKE]ss (Bloody Profanity Filter) Poor Performance.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    snadge wrote: »

anyway I asked for refund and they refuse saying they got them out on the 23rd March and they are not being held responsible for Royal Mails delays... thing is I dont believe they were even sent out then as they didnt arrive until 28th March.. and theyre 5 day "rule" would make it 20th March not 23rd March... or if 'working days' only its still Monday 21st March they should have been posted by.

In all fairness, they may well have sent them out on the 23rd, I have had myself alot of queries recently from customers waiting for Royalmail to delivery small packets. With all the bank holidays some depots are a few days behind.

Looks like they have removed the 5 day delivery promise though (or well hidden) as I can't see it anywhere. But is it a 5 day promise asin they will dispatch within 5days or as in you will receive within 5 days?

I can't find a terms & conditions page but did find this info:
    -Photographic glossy & satin prints dispatched withinn 7-10working days excluding bank holidays..
    - Delivery times may be slightly longer at periods of high demand includingg hristmas,, Mothers Day, Fathers Day etc. lease call if you require your prints for a specific date..

Doesn't look good for you so far :)

They will likely also charge for re-sending the item
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family