If you work out your consumption you can buy when its cheapest

Comments

• moohound
    moohound Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    My Mum and I get the flyers for M*kro and look for the loo roll and wash powder and DW tabs offers and buy these in bulk when on offer, unfortunately I always seem to come out with Single Malt Scotch and stuff made by JML….oh well the intention is there.
    ISA £1675 :DMiniMoohound savings £3685.86 :T Plus £3800 CTF :)
    'MrMoneyMuststache' my new hero, Martin Lewis my long time hero
    Poacher turned Gamekeeper
    Roadkill rebel No 52 Aug £1.34p Sept 24p Oct 5p Nov 5p Sealed pot Challenge No 403 £176.66(2014) :staradmin NOV NST No 20
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    My kids used to use reams of toilet paper when they were young. It used to drive me mad. I would imagine that Firewyrm has a young family, who will grow out of this annoying habit in due course, as mine did :)
  • Yup, I do exactly the same.

I got really lucky 3-4 months ago with radox bubble bath in asda in the clearance for 25p and still have about a years supply left lol.
    I do the same with toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant and most toiletries.

I buy certain things in alternative months...so the price is stretched and I don't run out of everything all at once. :)

I also stocked up on the 25p tins of heinz shapes/spagetti hoop things when they were at asda a few months back. Perfect for my nephews when they nip round for lunch or for me when I am peckish :D
  • FireWyrm wrote: »
    Then again, we also go through five dozen eggs a month too...so, who knows.

If she ate some of the eggs raw, she wouldn't be using so much TP. :D
  • Learn the discount cycles of the stuff you use lots of and bulk buy.

Even if dealing with debts the savings of bulk buying can be more than the interest of paying the debt over a longer period so at the end you save over the buy on demand at whatever price.

Storage can be an issue for bulky items.

RFQS is also another money saving so shop when the places cut the prices.
    but for perishable can need a freezer.
  • TP problem buy a bidet attachment and teach the wash and dry method
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    TP problem buy a bidet attachment and teach the wash and dry method

I appreciate the advice. However, the TP 'problem' isnt one as far as I am concerned. Moving on....
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • I always shop in this way. Anything I regularly buy I wait for it to come round on offer and buy enough for six months. Never buy coffee, toiletries, loo rolls except on special. Again decide if brand matters otherwise stock up on cheapest. I also cruise Boots online, always take advantage of buy 2 get one free and hope to combine that with spend over certain amount get £5 off. Always buy long life milk own brand ( I like it) in quantity never run out so not popping to shops for odd pint and buying bits when there.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I need to buy toilet roll in bulk - we must go through 18 rolls a month (not quite 45!) but I'm too scared to go to Costco!!! Just can't go in there without coming out with a load of unplanned items!!!

I do like the idea of having a stock of long life milk - I don't have milk - does it taste ok? I am terrible for needing to nip to the shops for milk and spending £20! I think cos I don't have milk I forget to check we have enough and run out all the time! Long life could be the solution!!!
  • moohound
    moohound Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    We use long life milk when caravanning and it's fine, don't know why we don use it at home, habit probably.
    ISA £1675 :DMiniMoohound savings £3685.86 :T Plus £3800 CTF :)
    'MrMoneyMuststache' my new hero, Martin Lewis my long time hero
    Poacher turned Gamekeeper
    Roadkill rebel No 52 Aug £1.34p Sept 24p Oct 5p Nov 5p Sealed pot Challenge No 403 £176.66(2014) :staradmin NOV NST No 20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure