Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd - CRA searches

Comments

• How did they know your bank account details, Marimagic?
  • Lowell are causing me some problems too. I got myself into a lot of financial difficulty a few years ago but am through it now. However variou lenders appointed Lowell to reclaim the debt. I have paid all these off now however my credit report is still showing Lowell have not updated 2 of these to reflect this, therefore showing outstanding balances. Any ideas?
  • Hi

I re-call having a debt with 3G man many years ago, prob back in 2001/2002 and the account defaulted, the original creditor registered a default against my credit file. After not paying the debt back, Lowell then purchased this debt and instead of reporting to the original default on my credit file, they produced there own default but not until 2008, even though they bought the debt possibly around 2005.... Now my understanding would be that they once bought the debt the original creditor removes the debt from there name and lowell report to this under there own heading... Is this correct, is this default by Lowell illegal??? Any help would be appreciated?
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Is this correct, is this default by Lowell illegal??? Any help would be appreciated?

yes. it is illegal. they cant register a 2nd later default for the same debt. demand that they remove it.
  • nottoolate wrote: »
    yes. it is illegal. they cant register a 2nd later default for the same debt. demand that they remove it.

Thank you for the reply, i thought i was correct and wanted to make sure before i contact them in writing..
  • Does anyone have any words of wisdom i can use to force there hands in removing this default?
  • heather66
    heather66 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How odd. I just got a text from Lowells saying that they need to speak to me today. I thought I had organised everything with my DMP, so this came as kind of a shock. Should I wait for something in writing? I really don't like dealing with this c**p over the phone!
    A month ago i asked them for an up to date statement of balance as hadnt had one in 18 months they replied by email .. then following week phone calls started asking for payments they even contacted me at 8.03 am last weekend to talk to me about my account . I have been on reduced payments via CAB for a few years never missed a payment, yesterday i had a letter asking for full payment or balance or an increase on what i pay them (only owe £220 ..pay them £8 ) althought we appreciate your payment we really need you get back to more regular payment's to clear your balance quicker bllah blah ..

they also refuse to acknowlege a cca request
  • heather66 wrote: »
    A month ago i asked them for an up to date statement of balance as hadnt had one in 18 months they replied by email .. then following week phone calls started asking for payments they even contacted me at 8.03 am last weekend to talk to me about my account . I have been on reduced payments via CAB for a few years never missed a payment, yesterday i had a letter asking for full payment or balance or an increase on what i pay them (only owe £220 ..pay them £8 ) althought we appreciate your payment we really need you get back to more regular payment's to clear your balance quicker bllah blah ..

they also refuse to acknowlege a cca request

They should not be going directly to you if you are dealing with CAB..
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    tell them they are in breach of the data protection act by recording false/inaccurate information
    tell them they are guilty of defamation by recording false/inaccurate
    tell them that unless they remove it you will take further action on both grounds
    file a record of dispute via whichever credit agency you checked
    dont take no for an answer
  • heather66
    heather66 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 June 2012 at 11:02PM
    They should not be going directly to you if you are dealing with CAB..
    i have already told them but they are still hassling me via text , phone and a letter today asking me to supply bank details for direct debit and to call them

..and the letter today is basically saying ..........that although they appreciate the payments i really have to up them and if we are unable to agree a repayment plan or you do not otherwise repay your account an assesment will be made on my account using your credit file to determine the best way to recover the outstanding balance

i have never missed a payment or had any hassle before from them

i am sending them the stop calling me form tommorow as well as a 2nd request for my credit agreement
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure