Vodafone to Change Prices from 11 Oct 2011

Comments

• moty1984
    moty1984 Posts: 126 Forumite
    No news from anyone?
  • moty1984 wrote: »
    No news from anyone?

Probably not very useful for you, but my number ported over to Orange today.
    Thanks to their price increase I am officially a Vodafone customer nolonger!

I went for the recently HUKD'ed 23 months free via redemption from mobiles.co.uk.

Samsung Galaxy Apollo (which I love!) + 200 mins, unlimited txts & 750MB data (24 months)

-£26x24 + £26x23 (redemption) + £30 TCB = £4 profit.

I don't think Vodafone retentions would have been able to match that deal :rotfl:

(Worth noting that I'm fully aware of the obvious, & less obvious risks regarding redemption deals)
  • faitaru
    faitaru Posts: 5 Forumite
    I have a couple of quick questions I hope you guys can answer for me.

I will be writing my letter tonight to post via registered mail tomorrow, and also emailing a copy to the CEO address. Is the webrelations email the one I want to be using for this? Is that where the email from the Guy Laurence page goes to?

In calculating my bill increase, am I right in thinking the calculation should be done before VAT? I also have phone insurance (£10/m, no VAT) which is added on to my bill. Do I need to calculate with this included, or should I deduct that as it's technically not a part of my "phone bill".

Thanks.
  • Dan called yesterday I assume it has something to do with the three page email I sent to guy Lawrence.

He apologised for not calling and stated he is still waiting for billing to get back to him with the calculations & I should hear by latest Tuesday next week.

We shall see.
  • moty1984
    Dan called yesterday I assume it has something to do with the three page email I sent to guy Lawrence.

He apologised for not calling and stated he is still waiting for billing to get back to him with the calculations & I should hear by latest Tuesday next week.

We shall see.

Yeah he only rang me to because I sent another email kicking off. How can it take 2 weeks to calculate one bill? I dont know how to take this long waiting. Are voda just draging it out as long as they can to get as much money out of us as thwy can. It didnt take this long for the other poster to cancel his contract.
  • fox2319
    fox2319 Posts: 978
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got a text from him a couple of days ago committing to an answer by 11th Oct. however, given the earlier promise to call me back before the end of the day when they received my first email, I'm not holding out much hope.
    Space for rent, apply within - Free trial on Thanks button though
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    faitaru wrote: »
    I have a couple of quick questions I hope you guys can answer for me.

I will be writing my letter tonight to post via registered mail tomorrow, and also emailing a copy to the CEO address. Is the webrelations email the one I want to be using for this? Is that where the email from the Guy Laurence page goes to?

In calculating my bill increase, am I right in thinking the calculation should be done before VAT? I also have phone insurance (£10/m, no VAT) which is added on to my bill. Do I need to calculate with this included, or should I deduct that as it's technically not a part of my "phone bill".

Thanks.

Send the email to guy.laurence@vodafone.com. Calculate your bill without VAT and without the insurance.
  • mchu6am4
    mchu6am4 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Just rang up CS and was told by some stupid operator prices are not increasing just VAT is increasing!!!

Couldn't get through to her...so gave up!:mad::mad:
  • moty1984
    mchu6am4 wrote: »
    Just rang up CS and was told by some stupid operator prices are not increasing just VAT is increasing!!!

Couldn't get through to her...so gave up!:mad::mad:

Was it a uk call centre? Has anyone started getting charged £5 for 250 mb yet? For some reason I have.
  • mchu6am4
    mchu6am4 Posts: 445 Forumite
    moty1984 wrote: »
    Was it a uk call centre? Has anyone started getting charged £5 for 250 mb yet? For some reason I have.

Unfortunately not...it was my a fellow Indian from the Indian call centre!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure