The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

Thought I would start a new thread for £2.00 Coin Savers….. a sort of club... lol :p

My £2.00 Coin Piggy Bank (see wonderful picture below – hee hee) was starting to get really, really heavy, :D so I emptied it out and a massive 44 coins are in there saved since last December. I popped into the bank this afternoon and put £50.00 of it into the savings account – hooray.

The balance of 19 coins can stay in there until there’s another £50.00 to bank.

How many £2.00 Coins have you saved….. :)

PiggyBank_01.jpg

The Latest list of Savers and Amounts
To view the latest list of members and savings ... [post=2415375]Click Here[/post].

To add an entry into your Signature Panel
For those who need help creating a signature for displaying your £2.00 Coin savings, log on as normal then scroll to the menu bar:-

1. Click - User CP
2. Click - Edit Signature
3. Type your text into the box
4. Edit, set font size, colour as required
5. Add a Smiley too if you wish... :p
6. Click Preview Signature or Save Signature
7. If previewed and ok then click Save Signature

Easy Peasy…. :D
:)The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

:)"Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"

Comments

• What a bright idea! That said, I don't often get £2 coins! We save everything below 20p normally though. I will go and dedicate the Miffy piggybank to £2 coins from now on ... starting at £0 :rolleyes:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 002 :rotfl:
  • ozzyfan_2
    ozzyfan_2 Posts: 599 Forumite
    thats a great idea greenfingers :)

can I join in?

no £2's saved at the moment but I shall do this to save for Christmas so will keep you posted.

you can tell your piggy's got a full tummy he's looking a bit sad :D
  • smokey112
    smokey112 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post
    We have £10 so far

The last time we done this about 3 years ago we ended up with nearly £200 which was used towards spending money for our holiday

Ang
    BCSC NO 40
  • I have £34 in £2 coins saved since the end of December. Not bad. I thought I hardly ever got £2 coins until I started saving them.

Louise
    Nobody is perfect - not even me.
  • micheleen
    micheleen Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've saved £2 coins for years, best thing is that you only need 10 to make up a bank bag so I've enough fingers for that :rotfl:
    :j The £2 CSC = £48 in carton
    £100 banked Mar 06
    V-Free : 4 weeks :)
  • KizzyK_2
    KizzyK_2 Posts: 993 Forumite
    I have a Penny Pig :)

I'll give £2 coins a go as well ;)
    :j Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus :j

• I save everything less than 20p for my little boy, and 20p/50p for the rainy day fund - along with 2004/5 "Bridge" series £1 coins..... everything else gets spent
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
  • I've got about £220 in mine which is supposed to be holiday spending money, if we can ever afford one! :rolleyes:
    If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor...
  • Avogirly
    Avogirly Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I have got £46 in there since December! Hooray!

Great thread!
    October make £10/day currently £11.02
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    This is a great idea, think I will start saving the £2 coins from now on. I save coppers and 5p coins in a piggy bank at the mo. Well, not really a "piggy" bank as its shaped like a VW camper van.... anyway *back to topic*, I recently emptied it and after an hour of counting had £30 in there. Was almost too heavy to carry to the bank but went straight in the savings account when it got there, every little helps! Perhaps I will start putting £2 coins in too and the surprise will be even better next time! Good luck everyone!!
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure