Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Comments

• lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Oh I've got the swiss roll cake from post 99 (thanks marion) in the oven...

Just had a peek and it seems to have risen rather a lot, think i might have overdone the baking powder..

Its out in 4 minutes. i'll let you all know....
  • Hello everyone, and thank you for all posting. I have been reading this forum for alittle while and have been inspired lots. I joined SW a few weeks ago and DH is supportive, but I keep getting distracted, esp when I get stressed or in social environments. If I say no thanks, people say I am obsessed with my weight etc. I joined SW at 13-3, lost 2 in week 1, then put 1 back on and then lost 1/2 this week, which in all fairness I was grateful for as I wanted to jack it in. But I know there isnt any other plan for me, this is what I know I need to do to get the weight off and I know I will be so much happier when its off but I am lacking the momentum at the moment. I plan to sit and plan my meals for the next few days as that is a huge down fall for me (pick if not organised). Feeling a bit URGH today had a munch this morning (4 mini ww brownies, strawberries and l/f single cream) was lovely but so wrong! not hungry just stress. But I have drawn a line under that and plan to get back on track and not be knocked down by the set back. for breakfast I had the rice thing with banana and muller light, love that, for lunch I will have soup and for dinner I will have chicken stir fry and egg fried rice (family love it). I feel like I need to keep pushing on and it will come, so thank you for hearing me vent, I feel lighter already! lol I am realistic about this week, but will not quit!
  • pinkpower
    pinkpower Posts: 98 Forumite
    just4me, I find that planning ahead is the only way I can do this. I don't know exactly which meals I have having which day, but as long as I have a choice for a few days ahead, and the ingredients to make them it seems easy to stick to the plan. Good luck, I'm sure you will get back on track :)
    LBM July 2009
    DMP Start 1 September 2009
    DMP Support Number 335
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lynnexxxo wrote: »
    Oh I've got the swiss roll cake from post 99 (thanks marion) in the oven...

Just had a peek and it seems to have risen rather a lot, think i might have overdone the baking powder..

Its out in 4 minutes. i'll let you all know....

It does rise a lot in the oven but as it cools down it will get flatter:)

Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • Well done Mrs M and Pink:T
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Ok, so i'm eating my swiss roll. Verdict... not bad.

It tastes a bit more like a yorkshire pudding than a cake (maybe more sweetener and never had any vanilla) and the creamy filling is a bit runny. I have put the rest in the freezer in the hope of it turning into arctic roll

Oh and tin foil is not very good if you have no bakin paper. Lost half the cake to it. .
  • I love cooking and am pretty experimental, not sure if this exists on the post already:

28g porridge oats
    1.5 - 2 tbs quark
    2 egg whites (dont like yolks but you could try)
    tsp mixed spice
    water to suit

Basically mix it all up adding as much water as you need to create a 'batter' type mix you're happy with.

(I have added a little plain yoghurt before as didnt have that much quark and it was ok)

Spray some frylight into a pan and cook the batter (this will make one decent size pancake), put the pan under the grill to finish cooking.

I then serve it with chopped strawberries and banana and a tsp of golden syrup (2.5 syns for 1 tbsp but I dont need that much)

It is really filling and ds's and dh love t too!

Let me know what you think!
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2010 at 1:10PM
    Afternoon all -forgot todays meal plan...

I was going to pork with steamed potatoes n veggies for tonight-but I have decided to slice up the raw pork loin joint and do stir-fry -so :-
    • 250ml semi milk -(a)
    • 2 oranges
    • 2 apples
    • huge salad
    • wafer thin chicken breast
    • 1tbs yoghurt dressing (0.5syn)
    • pork loin
    • onions
    • carrots
    • celery
    • red peppers
    • mange tout
    • baby corn
    • broccoli
    • peas
    • sweetcorn
    • 1/2tsp olive oil 0.5syn
    • 1/2 pack blue dragon chow mein sauce 2.5syns -I don't normally use ready made sauces but thought keeping some of these in would be good for those last minute changes to plan :p
    As always -inbetweenies will be fruit and possibly an 8syn yogurt -although Im doing well at not eating them "just because they are scrum-diddly-umptious" -think I have only had 2 this week and I have about 20 left in the fridge :A:rotfl:Thanks Recovering-spendaholic :D
    Well done PinkPower

Right -off I go..keep up the great work everyone
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Vixie_Pixie Posts: 886 Forumite
    BarmyCow wrote: »
    Morning all
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a hm burger recipe please ? I keep reading how lovely they taste and now I want one.....:D
    The burgers I made yesterday were very easy. I used a pack of extra lean mince (max 5% fat). Empty into a bowl and mush it all together. I added raw chopped onion and a tiny bit of garlic. Press into think burger shapes and bung in the oven until cooked.

I didn't use an egg, I found that the mince bound itself together quite well with a little persuasion.

mine were made the same as shelly_crow's recipe :) I just added mixed herbs and paprika for something different :) i used an egg but only because i didnt want them breaking up on the bbq!

A big well done to Pinkpower and Mrs M!! Excellent losses!!!!! :T
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Vixie_Pixie Posts: 886 Forumite
    today's food - EE

B - 28g Jordans museli (part 1 heb) with milk (hea) cup of tea

S - Muller light yog and banana, 2 x mikado sticks (1)

L - Beef n veg noodles - used leftover teriyaki steak (3) sliced and bashed to tenderise. Used half tsp of oil (1). Veg - garlic, ginger, red onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Cooked the steak and veg together then added noodles, smothered in 5 spice and soy sauce .. yummers!

If i get peckish between now and dinner time will have w/g crackerbread (rest of heb), ex light laughing cow cheese triangle (1) with cucumber.

D - leftover HM burgers, with SW chips and large salad :) will use 1 syn on low fat mayo and 1 syn on a dollop of low fat onion and garlic dip for my chips :)

total syns 8
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills