NST - Amazing Aperire

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning everyone :)

Great going with eh NSDs :T

Today is NSD No. 7

Hope everyone has a relaxing, healing, and blessed day :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all

Sorry for my absence, school has been crazy busy and stressful but it ended on a good result with the steesssful issue and my last lesson of often troublesome students, being perfect :)

Spendy day yesterday but SFD on Thursday. So I'm think I'm up to 3. Today will be spendy as need to get holiday money and a few bits, then I'm off tomorrow morning for a week :)

Today therefore means I need to clean the house ready for my lovely friend to dog/cat/house sit for a week.

Can't believe I was awake before 6 after a late night and long day, I reckon I was awake at least 18 hours yesterday and busy all the time.

Have a lovely day, the weather looks great!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Fmess - you're like me. I have my bestie feeding the cats next week and I'm desperately panicking about getting the house tidy enough for her. Even though she comes over most weekends and sees what a tip my house is... :D
    I'm thrilled to have made it to the end of term just about intact. I woke up stupidly early this morning but decided I will go back to sleep after I'm finished on here. Other than that, plans include getting caught up on washing and starting to think about packing for our break next week. Then ds football and my tutoring. I've had to bring loads of marking home with me, but I'm choosing not to think about it at the moment. I plan to relax and enjoy a sunny day...
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I sympathise CCL, I've got loads of organising to do for next term but I'm putting that off. I've also left my marking at school and decided that if I have enough time, I'll go work there for a morning, if not, it'll just have to not get done. Have a great break and hope you got back to sleep
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm back on the bed resting. Beloved and DS3 have gone to a covention for the day. They left the house about 6.30am and I was already opening the curtains and window in their bedroom as they left. Did the same with the front room, put in a load of washing and brought breakfast back upstairs.

Just motivated myself to do a little more. Decluttering is happening, slowly. I keep pulling out a random pile of paperwork or going through a tray (some wooden, some cat litter tray size) and pulling out things to be discarded.

I have filled a paper sack since Wednesday so took it onto the landing. Put a plate, bowl and two empty cans from my room into a jumbo size 'bag for life' and have completely filled it with bottles and cans from their room. Made it to the far side of her desk and found the mini- dalek (bullet bin) was overflowing with rubbish - filled one of the bags their new pillows came in with that and random bits from the floor and on the desk. Got a broom and swept out most of the stuff from under their bed (couple of heavy items on the far side which won't budge.

Need to repeat the same in the front room but waiting for my back to stop aching first. Also want to do a trawl round the garden as there should be lots of 'past their best' items to go - I have more than enough large containers to cover the yard (when I can afford soil/ compost to fill them) and lots of small containers is not a long-term sustainable solution.

Planning lots of reading, sewing and watchng old films in between. Haven't had my bath as I may get very dirty at some stage, so saving it until the heavy stuff is done.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Woohoo - the weekend is here and the weather is going to be fantastic for everyone!!

Hope you all manage to get out in the sunshine today.

Yesterday was a NSD.

Took my bag of clothes to the charity shop so that's a big bag gone.

Today I am getting rid of the kitchen table, I have a butterfly style one and it has seen better days. About 3 months ago I brought a 2nd hand one for £20 but that has been sitting in the lounge ever since so today is the day to change it all.
    Will take it up to the field to burn as no good for anyone.

mothernerd - glad you are feeling better after your tumble. Why can't DS3 and beloved tidy their own rooms? I don't know if they have any ill health but I would have thought they would be in better health than you.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    EE they like it the way it is, despite the chaos it causes. I am the one who can't stand it. Beloved is depressed and loves our 'no pressure' environment, DS3 does very little - unless I have proved I cannot do something (he's very good with lightbulbs, tall shelves and okay with moving stuff/ turning mattresses) but as Beloved said the other week, we can't actually call him lazy as he spends every waking hour working o the laptop on designing his little computer games he actually earns more than me. He went to bed for the day when the laptop was being mended as he was bored/ frustrated - I offered him mine but it would have taken him all day to download the software he needed and then any work would have had to be transferred back onto his laptop.

I usually manage to do the rubbish/ pizza box/ recycling round up fairly regularly but the longer they stay in one spot the further the tide of filth (book title pun) spreads and then bits of the room become too dangerous to venture into.

DS3 used to go to a meet up with fellow cosplayers at least once a month (weekly at some points) so I would just wade in, gather all the pots, washing, segregated the rubbish and recycling, fight my way to the wardrobe, put away the swords and clean clothes (did his wardrobes once and mended anything that needed mending and he was too terrified of disturbing anything that it stayed tidy for months). It's just easier and less stressful for us both.

Similarly , left to his own devices he would prefer not to use sheets, pillowcases or duvet covers (another job that is easy peasy for him) - as a compromise he is allowed one pillow without a pillowcase and I buy him fitted sheets as he prefers those.

He is a slob. I didn't do any different with him than the other two who are fairly civilised. None of it worked with him - his friends used to come in and clean for him if I said he wasn't allowed out until it was done or he would just say sadly that mummy had taken all his toys away (in the big black oxfam bag, when he had not moved them within the allotted time).

I was hoping Beloved would help civilise him -she did get him to wash bowls last week (but only one each as their takeaway had arrived) and she does bits now and then - she cleaned the cooker top when I had done the worktops and was willing to do inside the oven. I give profuse thnks for anything she does (although she hasn't got the hang of the recycling and puts everything in together).

They are fairly easy to live with generally (the 'no pressure' suits me as well as they aren't going to complain about anything that doesn't get done - I can put enough pressure on myself).

I would like to contain the mess but I also understand their need to 'nest'. It's something I do myself. If I were in the front room - not really room for me in there atm. I would take the books I was reading, my laptop, up to six pieces of embroidery, pills, purse (if I needed money or keys to open the door - DS3's key is available permanently atm), current notebooks, any papers I needed for phoning people/ paying bills, pills, hankerchief or tissues, extra layers, cup, 2l water bottles, small alarm clock if I needed to keep track of time and I like to be surrounded by my stuff.

When DS3 is working he needs his laptop, various pieces of equipment for drawing direct to the laptop. Before Christmas he was doing the background music for a game and now has a portable organ (only makes sound through the computer but makes 'noise effects' as well as music) so he takes up a lot of space all by himself (stuff on the sideboard, floor or chair to the side of him so that he can pick it up/ hook it up as and when needed).

To be honest any problems are of my own making (always the mother's fault) and I have lived with worse - my ex proudly boasted that Onslow from 'Keeping up Appearances' was his hero/ role model.

Off to do another batch of stealth tidying.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone!

Today I am grateful for:
    • The beautiful weather outside
    • For living so close to a place of natural beauty
    • For my physical health and mobility
    Today = NSD number 3

I am pleased with myself today :) Resisted spending money... I have started (don't laugh) putting an elastic band around my wallet - it really makes me think before taking it out with me. The physical act of consciously having to take it off each time - checks my spending and reminds me what I'm trying to achieve. So another NSD, and clocked up 2 x exercise sessions and did some household chores. Time to shower and chill out for the night! Have a great evening folks x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Yesterday and today were both NSD. up to 7 so far.
    Was at work the last 2 days in the charity shop but resisted buying anything. Some lovely clothes in at the moment.If I was a size 10 and 40 years younger...........:rotfl:

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1093.52
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 966/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 17/20
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 April 2017 at 10:14PM
    A NSD :D that takes me to 4 this month. I've just finished a shift for 2nd job so that will be an extra £50 on Friday :)

Just checked my signature - actually NSD 5 today.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure