Car failed MOT. Is garage being honest?

Comments

• Yeah thought I'd try and help someone else out rather than just leeching off the forum with my first post. Since when I refreshed the motoring section this topic was next to mine and it looked like something I could provide a bit of advice on. Evidently that seems to be a bad thing in your books, why don't you try helping either of us instead of speculating....
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I suspect split-personality disorder. We're into the 'replying to own threads' phase.

The great reveal should happen within the next 48hours or so.

When the drugs wear off?
  • Celtic452 wrote: »
    Yeah thought I'd try and help someone else out rather than just leeching off the forum with my first post. Since when I refreshed the motoring section this topic was next to mine and it looked like something I could provide a bit of advice on. Evidently that seems to be a bad thing in your books, why don't you try helping either of us instead of speculating....

Ok, here's some help for you. You bought a car from 3.5hours away. Your choice, not the dealer's problem.

If you want to reject it, take it back. Otherwise, suck up the cost of a couple of wheels. Sorted.

And for the OP, some help: buy a performance BMW instead of a Honda banger. Something like an M3 would be a good choice.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Celtic452 wrote: »
    Yeah thought I'd try and help someone else out rather than just leeching off the forum with my first post. Since when I refreshed the motoring section this topic was next to mine and it looked like something I could provide a bit of advice on. Evidently that seems to be a bad thing in your books, why don't you try helping either of us instead of speculating....

You're not an expert on the subject but give it time.
  • OP - I'd probably ignore half of these lot as their posts seem to be pretty useless and sarcastic. Robisere has provided some good advice and I also agree getting another garage to check is a good idea, even if it costs you a small amount for the check, at least you'll have peace of mind.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Celtic452 wrote: »
    OP - I'd probably ignore half of these lot as their posts seem to be pretty useless and sarcastic. Robisere has provided some good advice and I also agree getting another garage to check is a good idea, even if it costs you a small amount for the check, at least you'll have peace of mind.

Any suggestions on who should mot the imaginary car?
  • Any suggestions on who should mot the imaginary car?

9f3bb84f8880c4ffd6e569ed82b7960a.jpg

These people have a slot tomorrow.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    9f3bb84f8880c4ffd6e569ed82b7960a.jpg

These people have a slot tomorrow.

Wow, I used to have one.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh, this is getting so predictable now. I was almost giving the benefit of the doubt but then the same old posting traits appear.
  • Wow, I used to have one.

Me too... Still around somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family