Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thinking out loud.....the walkers offer....I recall when they did the £3 lunch promotion, people buying the boxes of walkers from HB? or somewhere similar....wonder if this might be worthwhile with this promo, and if the boxes are on offer?
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    juju17 wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud.....the walkers offer....I recall when they did the £3 lunch promotion, people buying the boxes of walkers from HB? or somewhere similar....wonder if this might be worthwhile with this promo, and if the boxes are on offer?

Only the outer pack of a multipack has a code to win a free 6-pack

The single bags might contain a cash prize sachet inside but that's all
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2017 at 5:00PM
    Options
    It is me, Mr Slow, again.
    Just checked my PAG for beens and pot noddle which I paid 75p for, compares at 50p, an offer from tomorrow, 2 for £1, so how do I find it if other way round, as in cheap today but expensive tomorrow? As for example xxxx costs £1 today but goes to £2 tomorrow and the £1 compares favourably, as in £1 at !!!!!!, so probably a PAG for £2 vs £1, PAG 0f £1.10 on £1 spend?
    How can we check? A wander down this aisles looking at prices and scanning on App? May have a stroll through Sada if that is the case :)
    Sorry, just looked at PAG again, it has taken pot noddle at 50p each. 75p on SEL and App is 2 for £1.50. Tottaly confusing LOL

But knowing me, probably a (BIG) flaw in my thinking.

Braveheart I thought pot noodle are currently 2 for £1 on offer. Offer still 'looks' current

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound100/ls87955
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    Only the outer pack of a multipack has a code to win a free 6-pack

The single bags might contain a cash prize sachet inside but that's all
    Oh ok...thanks aau....thought it seemed too good to be true :)
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Braveheart I thought pot noodle are currently 2 for £1 on offer. Offer still 'looks' current
    In the store I was in just has a SEL for 75p and no multi, and you are correct, I have looked ar receipt and a multi has come off. Will kick my own rear :o
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    In the store I was in just has a SEL for 75p and no multi, and you are correct, I have looked ar receipt and a multi has come off. Will kick my own rear :o

Good job you didnt go to CS expecting a gift card :D
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    afternoon peeps
    breaking news.......I have my first egg ,:T:T:T
    In other news - I got in a right pickle it Waities but ended up with NINE fairies for about £14 as my voucher was 8 off 40 ........I had been planning on it being 6 off 30 and didnt even look until I was at the till, then the vanish didint work and I didn't have enough money so ran around like one of my chooks .......supermarket sweep re-lived, lol.
    All turned out ok in the end but quite traumatic xxxxx
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    3Dogs wrote: »
    In my normal dreams I am often trying to save the world or something like that, I obviously feel the weight of the worlds problems on my shoulders :o

Yes indeed lol. My dream where I'm trying to reach someone tells me I'm worried about losing contact or fretting about them subconsciously.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon from the 1st class coach on a virgin pendolino train from Edinburgh to Crewe, get me :). Not very mse but very nice none the less. I could get used to this Nellie lol.

My first time in first class and hopefully not the last if the price is right. I had a ticket for a normal coach but realised I wouldn t get back to Wrexham till almost 10 which makes it an extra long day travelling so I looked for alternatives and saw this with £76 off :eek:

I think if the difference was not huge then go for it - its a different world in first class on Virgin apart from the stinky loos :D
    Travelling cattle class especially in the school hols is hellish

Odd times we have been in first coming back from Euston - OH has been very polite and asked nicely and if its very very quiet in first we have been moved - Liverpool staff are very kind. OH though says we can only accept hot drinks but no food as its taking the p**** :D

The last time we went down to Southampton in January on Cross Country oddly there was extra carriages on so the train was like a ghost train as everyone was spread out. The conductors seeing as we had our passes (and even though our companies don't have reciprocal arrangements) helped move us and various cases into 1st which was totally empty and we did enjoy cross country hospitality that day :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    juju17 wrote: »
    Thanks Bubbs for the fairy.....managed to get a few for friends and family using up the £6 off £30 coupons

For the first time ever (for me) the SA said I couldn't use the £6 coupon cos I hadn't spent enough ! I had to educate him. I don't know whats happening but I've had trouble with supervisory staff (who should be well aware of their own procedures )in Waities, Asda and Tesco in the last week. This morning a supercilious SA told me that the reason the Dr O pizza coupons wouldn't work was because we were only allowed to have 1 coupon per person. She was quite unpleasant and pretty much said I was working a fraud - but she was too late cose the check out lady had already entered them manually and taken my money. Silly Biscuit.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure