Vegan, Bipolar and in Debt.

Options

Comments

• evkizzy
    evkizzy Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Friday 5th August... started pack of bulk-bought t-roll.

*mental note for myself to work out how long 48 rolls lasts - for budgeting purposes*
    Ev Kizzy Make £10 A Day August Challenge: £364.54/£310
    Loan: remaining balance £771/ £3,500 CCs: paid £194.76/£4436.75
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck...a pack of 18 only lasts us about 3 weeks!
  • evkizzy
    edited 7 August 2016 at 1:49AM
    Options
    Hello.
    Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far.
    I went out for a walk to the town centre to see some great live music took my own water and sandwiches. Really wanted a drink in the sunshine but I resisted the booze and got a soy iced coffee which was really refreshing (and free as my SO paid). Bought a few items on sale then used CB apps to get 30% extra off.

Not touched my credit cards or used my debit card to pay for things this month, so far. I drew out £95 in cash as a food budget (I usually spend around £200) to see if it could last us the month (some of which I used to buy some stockpiling items). If I take away that cost with the money from my M10AD challenge I still have £30ish* pounds left with plenty of food in, including fresh fruit and veg (discovered a great continental food shop on a walk today) and leftovers from my Secret Supper Club, which made me £10-after the cost of ingredients. As it was a fundraiser, the rest of the profits (£40+) were given to a local animal charity.

Social life fund... I'm £9 over budget due to unforeseen travel costs and extra time away from home where I needed feeding and I have less than £5 of activities planned for the rest of the month, however, I have managed to "save" £15 by going without alcohol (bottle of wine at Supper Club, 2 pints in the sun at live music event and glass of wine out with friends after work). So it has probably evened itself out as I've still not touched my bank account.

I decided to make myself some fancy black coffee- with vanilla syrup (rrp £8.99- bought for £1 from a market 3 months ago) for tomorrow - to add ice and soy milk for a fancy non-alcoholic treat for tomorrow while I chill out and do a bit of gardening - weather permitting.

Still stuck at 2 NSDs.
    Will NOT spend money tomorrow.!!!

*very approx. As I have extra CB to add.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    August M£10AD challenge. ...so far.
    Art Commission deposit £20
    Supper Club deposits £20
    Supper Club profit £10
    Shopetize cashout £5.60
    Quidco cashout £2.78
    Tesco vouchers £6 (they count, right?) Up to!£64.38

Finally got round to checking out my tesco clubcard points online. I have £37 worth of vouchers in my account. Now that they no longer do boosts, I'm guessing we'll just use them for meals out. I also have 495 Eon points - 5 points away from a £5 Bonusbond voucher which I'll be able to cash out shortly after the 16th (bill day). Plus, I updated the meter readings and we're £1.81 in credit.!Hoping to add those to my total by 31st.

Today was a NSD bringing my total to 3 so far.

Been offered some more life modelling for next week which will hopefully bring a bit more money in. I'm hoping to only spend the£6 vouchers on food this week to try to make up for my £9 overspend on my social life this month.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    evkizzy wrote: »

Finally got round to checking out my tesco clubcard points online. I have £37 worth of vouchers in my account. Now that they no longer do boosts, I'm guessing we'll just use them for meals out. I also have 495 Eon points - 5 points away from a £5 Bonusbond voucher which I'll be able to cash out shortly after the 16th (bill day). Plus, I updated the meter readings and we're £1.81 in credit.!Hoping to add those to my total by 31st.

Morning,

So good to see you using the E.ON rewards it really helps :)

Thank you for keeping your account up to date with your own meter reads, this is the best way to keep on top of your account.

If you need any help though, just let me know.

Helena:)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Hi Helena, I'm struggling to figure out exactly what my annual usage is if I call customer services will they be able to let me know?
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    evkizzy wrote: »
    Hi Helena, I'm struggling to figure out exactly what my annual usage is if I call customer services will they be able to let me know?

Hiya,

Yes they will :)

You can also see it on your online account, if that would be better for you?

If you click on the MiData tab, you can see the usage in kWh and £spend for the last 12 months and the predicted usage for the coming 12 months.

Hope this helps :)

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • evkizzy
    Options
    I bought all my shopping on Monday from Tesco using my clubcard vouchers (paid 15p over) then used shopitize to get an extra 90p off. So it was a NDS in my opinion.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • FacelessNumber
    Options
    Hi evkizzy! You're doing so well. I know we could save on food shopping but I just don't have the time to focus on it at the moment, but you seem to have nailed it! Keep going, and the debt will be gone in no time.
  • evkizzy
    edited 10 August 2016 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Hello cool cats and kittens.
    I went to the pub quiz meet-up last night and my SO bought me a ginger beer (booze free) and I paid £2.50 for a pudding (it’s rare to find places that do vegan puddings) everyone at the meet-up had a meal there but we ate before we came out to save money but I caved in and got an orange treacle tart. BAD EVKIZZY!!! I paid 50p towards the pub quiz so that evening out totalled £3 for me.

I think I will have to give Star Trek a miss :( (even though it is only £2.13 at Odeon with the Meerkat Movies deal) as punishment for going over my budget.

This tight-belted month has taught me that the reason I have been getting into debt is because I seem to spend more than I think, on food and fun, by putting things on (C & D) cards and not keeping records. I decided to create super small budgets for the month £95 for food and £40 for social life. I’ve estimated that these amounts are around half of what I usually spend but I think my usual spending may be even higher. According to my records this month I’ve spent £53.66 on shopping so far (not including£32.37 on bulk buying T-roll and K-roll and soy milk from Makro). My SO Paid £15 towards this so I’m not counting it as money spent.

£53.66+£17.37= £71.03/ £95 spent = £23.97 left
    If I add money I’ve cashed out from cash back apps (£8.38 so far) and my Tesco club card vouchers (£6) leaves me at £23.97+14.38 = £38.35 with £15 days to go.

All the money from my social life budget (£40) has gone with an overspend of £12.50.

My M£10AD challenge (after paying for things like supper club food/art materials/cashback payouts being used towards food budget) has brought in £26.41 so if I pay off my social life over spend I’m left with £13.91.

I very naughtily impulse bought a dress for £8 (from a local one day pop up) and a coffee for £1 (where the pop up was held) yesterday, after a job interview which I got to via the bus £3.10 to and from (as my knee was really aching and couldn’t face walking a 1.5 hour round trip). So there went another £12.10 so I have £1.81 in actual profit from my M£10AD. I suck at being strict but at least I made the extra money to cover my overspending.

I have contacted my dad again and asked him for the money he still owes me (£550.17) on my credit card. Getting a bit annoyed at his lack of responding. Yes he’s in Spain, scraping by as a handyman but it was promised back a few weeks ago and he only gave me £100 back. I’ve decided not to lend him money again. He usually pays back promptly in full but I can’t afford to do it anymore. No matter how desperate he is. I’m supposed to be the child. I will just have to look after myself from now on.

Also work was cancelled today so that will be a small setback in next month’s pay but if I’m not needed, then I’m not needed. :(

Now some good news....
    I got the job that I interviewed for (life modelling).
    I start tomorrow at 10am for a 6 hour session which will be a much needed £90 cash injection. I’ll be required every few weeks so that can stop me panicking so much about my (tiny) income, as I know my new WTC payments will be much lower than before (not even covering my loan) but this is due to my SO getting a better job. I feel awful to ask but I will have to request that he pays me the difference as his success has left me with less to buy our food and we are a team! :beer:

We work on the percentage based system. If he earns 80% of our combined income, he pays 80% of all the household outgoings. If we earn equal amounts we pay equal amounts. It seemed the fairest way to deal with our financial situation. And, by the same logic, I am home more so I have more responsibility at home. I do most of the cleaning, (all the) cooking and gardening etc. It works for us, though, my super-savvy, debt-busting is squeezing us a little bit but we still have a life outside the home. We’re going to throw a party towards the end of the month to celebrate month one of super thriftiness!!! and make it a potluck (which is free) so I’ll make a big of Mexican vegetable rice (I have tonnes as I stockpile 10kg bags when they’re on offer).

4 NSDs so far. I need to do better to hit my 16 NSD target.

I really need to get on with the pet portrait I’ve been commissioned for so I can get paid for that too.

I’m such a terrible procrastinator...
    I’ll get my sh** together...
    eventually. Haha! :)
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing