Little Birdie gets chipping!

Comments

• ab_saver wrote: »
    I know that feeling - I'm trying to find constructive things to divert it to e.g. gym. That said you have to have some pleasures, and they can't all be virtuous! This book selling sounds like something constructive and moneysaving. I'm far too attached to my books and if challenged would say why I *need* all of them.

Thanks ab_saver!

I must get around and actually put up books!
    To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • Hello,

So I've got lots to say so bullet point form it will be:

- This month has been an expensive one already. It's pnly the 9th! I feel guilty for saying it's al on sociable stuff. We are on day 9 of the month and I've spent £72 on eating out :eek:

- I've got this work conference next month ..accomodation will be £140 which I will be paying for. It is such a brilliant experience that I'm just going to have to accept it..work wont pay it. I do have some extra income coming in so that will be paid for by that. I'm sad that its not going to savings but hey ho it all spins in roundabouts.

- I've also got my friends wedding coming up abroad and I was not expecting it to be so expensive. That will be paid for from my 2nd job. It makes me think if I didnt have thta job...what would I do? I was thinking of quitting it but actually it may be what is keeping me afloat. Especially in these early years when I'm finding my feet.

- On the positive I have booked my coaches to see my friend in December and to get to the airport next month and I have saved so much money not getting the train. And I got cash back which was under a £1 but still good.

- I had £49 last month which I thought was going towards a bill but it was coming out this month insead. I'm trying to save it but looking the way it is going I'll have to use it.

- Times like this I'm glad I've reduced the limit on my overdraft as subconsiously I would think 'its ok you have that savings..you've got plenty of time to pay it off' hence why I'm well past the predicted deadline.

So I'm glad I've written this post as it's brought the wake up I needed. The next few months are going to be expensive and it will be ok if I keep my head on my shoulders.

-
    To staying out of debt!
  • ab_saver
    ab_saver Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    So I'm glad I've written this post as it's brought the wake up I needed. The next few months are going to be expensive and it will be ok if I keep my head on my shoulders.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there - you have your head screwed on and will get through the more expensive times - you still have to live and have a social life! :)
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • Thanks ab_saver always good to hear my thoughts are sain :rotfl:

So spendings today:

£98 train fair :eek:
    of that £48 will be paid back by friend (she will pay soon)
    I did get this on cash back ... I think under a £1 ...every little helps I guess :rotfl:
    Its a fun trip with a bunch of girls who can rarely get together.
    I know though - expensive.
    Coach was just that litttle bit too long.

£27 prim@rk :eek:
    two scarves (£14) and 6 pairs of tights (£10) which should get me through the winter.
    I didn't need two scarves. In my head I said 'well you didnt buy any scarves last year'....yeah I know :mad: :o

£2.40 - running armband
    I did also get this on cashback
    I didnt need this. :mad: :o

Also next month I have the £150 accomodation to pay for .
    It will come out of my long term savings but when I get paid for the extra time at work that will pay for it. It wont pay for it fully though :(

£12.50 - Nation@l express for my work trip
    Fingers crossed work will pay for this!

Okay lets come up with a plan.....

I currently have budgeted £20 for a car (small I know but you just never know when I will get a car and it will all add up!)

So if I dont save that this month and next month that is £40

I'll be away for around 1 week so that will save on the food shop £30

I also budget £45 for each weekend so I'll be away abroad for one weekend (money already budgeted for that) so that saves £45

Currently I have £75 in my holiday account which will give around £80 in euros but I would like around £100 so if I just save the extra £30 which I have budgeted for this month and then save nothing for holidays next month. This is a bit risky as I need to book flights for the wedding in the summer but I'll use the income from my second job to pay for these. So that saves £70

Oh I also have £49 from last month but I have been keeping it incase I over spend this month.

So basically I just need to focus on having a very cheap month....better go and make my lunch for tomorrow then :rotfl: (which I do all the time anway :A)

Anyone that got to the end of that......:beer:
    To staying out of debt!
  • Feeling a bit better about money this weekend.

Lunch defrosted and ready to be eaten.

Had a look in the freezer and lots of dinners for this week but all similar. I really wish we had a bigger freezer. Next weekend I'll need to some batch cooking.

Ive finished with one of my peanut butter jars so that is going to be my spare change money saving pot.

There might be a dinner out during the week. Not money saving but my team isn't very money saving and it's hard to say no. I hope it's not like this every month! I think as long as I keep track of it, it should be fine.

Doing my second job today...boring but so worth it!
    To staying out of debt!
  • I'm mortified to say that this month has been filled with dinner out, a big boozy night out, clothes shopping. I hope it won't be like this next month - we'll it can't be. I think it is just because I'm catching up with everyone post the move.

I think December I'm going to fill most weekends with my second job to stop my spending.

It doesn't help that there is so much temptation in the city. I'm still getting use to the big supermarkets being on my doorstop and having SO much choice. Hmmmm not really a good enough excuse.

The thing is I'm happy but finically this is a rubbish month.

Feeling a tad fed up
    To staying out of debt!
  • Soooo I've decided to reduce next months overdraft payment to £150....the thought of how tight next month has been is consuming my little brain!

I spent £24 on my food shop but I'll be getting some money back on that - glad!

One of my items on eBag have sold! So far only 0.99p but well it's better than nothing!

I've had to pay for the Christmas party this month and there was a purse in the sale today for £10. I really needed one and it was down from £26 so got it.

Next month is going to be an expensive one but December will be cheapie!

I took back my scarf which gave me £7. It all helps!
    To staying out of debt!
  • So glad this month is nearly over! It's been a long old month. Next month should be a good one. Also next month hoping to pay off a bir chunk from my overdraft aiming for £400 (!!). Hopefully should also get some money back from friends. I can't but help a tad fed up of paying off rather than paying 'up'. At least my little money pots are up and running.

I really would like some new clothes but I just don't think will happen. I've already spent my clothes budget on rehealing my shoes and a new purse - £30 spent.

I'm worrying about money but really I've got nothing to worry about - think I'm just tired!

On Monday I'll pop to the bank and pay off £165 off my overdraft
    - down to £1485....glad to have it under £1500!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Been a cheap and quite weekend...no alcohol which was nice.

Been looking at my credit rating. Now that I am actually reducing my overdraft m credit rating is improving massively. That makes me smile.

So just made a timeline on my phone.....I reckon I can have this overdraft paid off by Februarys pay packet....wow that would be before I turn 26. I could then start my new age saving for the future....that is incredibly motivating. Right lets do this!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello,

So all has been a little bit stressful recently which ofcourse has reflected on my spending. Although I never dwelling has a positive impact so I'm going to list the positives instead

- I have got a little payrise frm my 2nd job
    - I have blocked out some weekends in December as doing nothing which will save money!
    - I have done lots of batch cooking which will sve me lots of money

Honestly thinking of leaving the gym - I dont use it enough to justify it. Might wait until I have done the half marathon.

I ave defo overspent this month although I did have a big expense which is what caused it.

10 days until pay day.....going to aim for as many no spending days as possible and luckily no socialsing planned!
    To staying out of debt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family