PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) Evening all (patented knee-dip like a comedy old style copper).

Anyone else seeing the thread look a bit 'odd' tonight? Mine looks in a different font than it did this morning and my thanks buttons aren't staying thanked, if you see what I mean. Please assume yourself thanked, anyway!

Oh well, I expect it'll sort itself out.

Haven't got to the allotment tonight as the dregs of a headcold have left me feeling a bit wan and feeble. Apparently there was a very bad thunderstorm here last night; I slept like a log and didn't notice anything......:rotfl:

Have decluttered a huge bag of library books back to the library and got some more out, but half the number. I am planning modest walking holiday next year so, before forking out on some OS maps, sent an email to my Dad to see if any of his maps cover the area and it seems one may well do so. He's put it aside for me to look at this coming weekend. Doesn't think it was new when he got it, probably came from a charity shop.

I also have a walking guide for the area out from the library to help me plan my wee adventure - I'm sure I enjoy the planning stage almost as much as the holida stage.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    GQ pm me your planned area so I can check our OS & walks stash :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    OH has a cupboard full of OS maps and cycle routes as we always have spent most of our free time travelling in the UK, the majority of the maps are from CS shops and he keeps an eye open for newer editions for places we will be returning to and then the older one goes back to a CS. If we find ourselves with an imminent trip and no map he often borrows one from the library for 3 weeks, guide books too.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm hoping GQ is heading down to my part of the world and planning on dropping in to sort my garden out.... I can supply maps ;)
  • GreyQueen
    greenbee wrote: »
    I'm hoping GQ is heading down to my part of the world and planning on dropping in to sort my garden out.... I can supply maps ;)
    :p 180 degrees the wrong direction, I am afraid - but if I'm ever tempted to want a WWOOF-ing type holiday, I'll let you know............ :rotfl:
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :p 180 degrees the wrong direction, I am afraid - but if I'm ever tempted to want a WWOOF-ing type holiday, I'll let you know............ :rotfl:

Hmm... that's a lot of the country we need to warn... unless you want to give upper and lower latitudes? Of course, if you're leaving Nursie behind, it's not an issue...
  • GreyQueen
    :p Nursie isn't allowed back Ooop North after the last little incident; they're still finding the cannonballs in the darndest of places.

Never fear, my holibob isn't until next summer but, because I like to do things as efficiently as possible, I like a long lead-in time.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Was the last trip you had the one where you learned to rip pigeons apart with your bare hands? (and that was before Nursie came into your life!!)
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • GreyQueen
    maryb wrote: »
    Was the last trip you had the one where you learned to rip pigeons apart with your bare hands? (and that was before Nursie came into your life!!)
    :p Nah, my last trip was hiking around the coast of Cornwall. In a record-breaking heatwave which lasted 2 weeks. I got sunburned. No pigeons were dismantled on that trip but I haven't forgotten how.

Just happily browsing ultra-light back-packing sites and was inspired to get out my travel shoebox, where I keep a small cache of travel-related items. Found a spare pair of hiking boot laces which were needed in the boots (didn't recall I had any, nearly bought more :o) so have just put them where they needed to be. Happy days......
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    DH spent yesterday morning with the chain saw sawing some of the pile of logs for the winter. Managed to contact the lady who has a smallholding/ animal sanctuary and 5 bags of wood chippings collected. He's told her we'll have some more soon too. Nice result, also managed to contact the local guy who collects scrap metal to sell for funds to run a workshop for young lads as I've a few bits that are not fit for the CS. DS1 has taken 5 heavy ribbed cotton tablemats that we've not used for years. It's a great feeling isn't it when something that no longer has a use or function for you can be passed on for someone else to enjoy.
    The runner beans are virtually finished now so as the weather has improved I'll Kondo them and have a garden tidy.
    Have a good day all
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure