PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting..........

Made an offer on a house this morning :eek: Now just waiting on the call to say yay or nay.

So nervous! Anyone else waiting? Or how long did it take for others offers to be accepted or not?

Comments

• Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    How long is a piece of string?

Could be a call back within 5 mins or a couple of days if the vendor(s) want to think about it...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • First house we offered on we heard back the next day. Been turned down. Next house we offered at 9am and had a call by 10am to say it had been accepted.

Good luck!
  • jansus
    jansus Posts: 12,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hope it is accepted for you.
    We had a call back within an hour to accept the offer we made.
    Good luck.
    ITV comp winner no 41
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It could be minutes, it could be days, it could even be weeks.

Some sellers may be unavailable when the agent calls. Some may want to discuss together. Some may want to wait and see if other offers come in.

There is no way to predict.
  • As the others say - it's "How long is a piece of string?".

To me - it's always been instant acceptance or rejection both ways.

Other people take longer either way.

Probably best to head out for a walk or something to take your mind off it - whilst making sure you take your mobile phone with you in case the EA tries to ring you.
  • The_Logans
    The_Logans Posts: 247 Forumite
    Good luck! I hate waiting so I feel your pain. We offered on house A on a Monday morning, didn't hear back until the Wednesday. They rejected our first offer so we upped it a little, didn't hear back again until end of Thursday.
  • The_Logans
    The_Logans Posts: 247 Forumite
    ...on the other hand, we had offered on another house, we had several phonecalls within the day (mostly them rejecting offer after offer - eventually we gave up an bought a different house!)
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    As others have said it all depends on the seller, the estate agents etc.
    Last year my husband and I put an offer on an property and get an answer almost straight away.
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    FWIW, one EA told me that they don't get back to buyers with rejections for a day or so.

The EA said that buyers work themselves up into a frenzy with the waiting, and are then more likely to offer higher.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    our 2nd offer has just been accepted this morning.
    We started negotiations last Monday.

It's just a waiting game really
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport