Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Morning folks :)

Nice to be back to my routine - morning walk done.

Next time :) You'll all guess what she had planned, the obligatory pastime for an elite member :rotfl::rotfl: Think she planned on sending me into the trolley bay, taking advantage of my youth ;) and agility skills :rotfl::rotfl::D

You might be young and agile but you really must learn to keep a low profile:naughty::naughty:

2BCF7FE8-6000-423E-9B66-0E53A6AEE955_zpsu4uy3wjx.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Thanks for the heads up Chrisv, fortunately my Tesco accounts are fine.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    tweets wrote: »
    Morning .

Fireworks started when got settled in bed last night so not happy was nearly midnight before Poppy settled proper.

So much for time off work I am tired .

Sorry if I been quiet :(

Got phone call just as tea was nearly ready Friday strange mobile answered it. Man telling me mum had fell (she had been on way home from town and nearly home) on her face he said she was complaining sore neck and had bad cut on nose. He was with his wife who happened to be a nurse.

They had phoned for ambulance but got told there was a 4-5 hour wait :mad:

Man asked if I could get to A&E soon as they where taking her. I said yes and A next door took me. Gets to hospital worrying about mum and worrying about Poppy who was locked in kitchen with no noise I don't possess radio etc.

Gets to mum she had fallen face first on wet leaves :mad:

Was at hospital til nearly 10pm I think sorry not sure ,

Outcome to that mums nose wasn't bad but she as broken a bone in her neck confirmed after a scan :(

She still in hospital with her neck in a plastic neck thing and she having another scan Monday.

I got home starving and opened kitchen door Poppy flew out to me she was petrified I found out yesterday fireworks had been going off :mad:

Went mums yesterday Saturday to pick some stuff clothes towel etc for mum and took them to the hospital. She seemed better than she did Friday when I saw her.

I told her no way was I visiting last night nor tonight . Bro :mad: least I tell you about him the better put it this way we not close and I am not a violent person but he needs a good slap . He visited last night after leaving work early.

Visiting is open so can go anytime. I will visit mum after work tomorrow and every day after. Glad visiting is open because my work is nearer hospital then my house . Yesterday I was tired hardly slept Friday was up around 4ish yesterday. Had a bit better sleep last night but still feel tired.

DS was on stand by to yesterday to travel from Liverpool if bro :mad: couldn't visit mum last night. Bro and his gf (who got car) visiting this afternoon/evening, They will call here but have to go home tonight they both have work tomorrow,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but tears are streaming down my face writing it.

AJ knows full story if it doesn't make sense think she will amend accordingly for you :o

Oh tweets....bless you:A

Try not to waste any emotion on your brother....it'll just drain you. Put him out of your mind and concentrate on yourself first. If you don't look after yourself there will be no one to look after mam and poppy. So try and keep life "normal" as best you can. Eat well and try and get some rest and fit in the hospital visits when you can.

I know how much you love Poppy and how guilty you feel leaving her but the fireworks should be nearly over for another year.....it stresses you out as much as poppy :o
    Thinking of you first and foremost but hoping mam makes a full and speedy recovery x
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Be the first to taste the co-ops Christmas range -

https://co-operativememberevents.coop/coop_ems/search-results-page.aspx

Selected areas only

Don't you mean selected people QoC?:D

Bet Seren gets an invite:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek: How rude!! :eek:

Wouldnt that be one in 9996 chance? (Not saying I am right, and I have been to the pub, and to be honest I expected AAu to tell me I was wrong on my last one ;) )

4 possibilities out of 10000, not 1 out of 9996.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    You are right sc and when you start factoring in other "familiar " numbers into the mix....such as birthdays etc it becomes less of a coincidence.

There's a book on this I need to read:)

Agreed. When people exclaim that their number starts with the start of their date of birth, or their house number, or their favourite number....

----

How many people have a 4 digit lock for their phone and use their date of birth as the key?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Daisy Lowe splits up with boyfriend blaming long hours spent practising for Strictly..........

Hmmmmm........
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning peeps.

Special hugs to tweets and poppy.
    What a weekend, wishing your mum a speedy recovery tweets. X
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Tweets sorry to hear about your Mother...hope she is home soon

You look after yourself as your Mam and Poppy need you to be fit so take

care

Don't know if there has been any glitches lately as I have just been

reading here and there so I may have missed loads hope every one has

had loads of bargains
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Nannylala wrote: »
    Where they play footie:footie::footie: ;)
    Had a Up & Go ....Banana&honey and was not impressed:eek:

Thanks. Didn't know that they had an OV there.:o Live and learn.
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Don't you mean selected people QoC?:D

Bet Seren gets an invite:rotfl:

Well one of the major players has to love me and you've got Sainsbugs nailed :rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure