beanielou wrote: »
    1 lb off for me this week.

Not another one!!

Well done beanie :T
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry you're disappointed bubbs but bet you wouldn't swap for my 1lb gain! ;)

Just keep plodding and all your good work will show up in the end. :)

DH and I enjoyed his birthday dinner. Not the day we planned but we'll have another chance when his cough is gone. I probably had about 6-8 syns worth of oil, creme fraiche and cheese but that was it. Back on plan now until the weekend. DGD1's birthday on Sunday. September is a hard month for us.
    No my 1/2 did me in last week after a good week, 1lb is better than nowt i suppose but seeing as i had been sooooooooooo good
    Well done Beanie:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • I had another naughty day :p Enjoyed it though. Went to group tonight to sign up. Consultant was lovely. Very surprised by the amount of people who just weighed and went though. I'll be getting every last second out of my money! I'm in Ireland and it's €9 a week here. Don't know where slimming world are getting that conversion rate from!

Scales wasn't as bad as I expected. Especially considering how much I've eaten the last couple of days! 5lbs up from when I weighed Sunday morning, so when you allow for the clothes, I got off pretty lightly.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • What happened there .....I could have sworn I posted a post this afternoon!

Maman that stir fry sounds lovely .....might do that on the weekend.

Another recipe I'm thinking about doing is pon's easy chicken recipe though I'm not sure whether I should get the mild merryweather curry or the hot one.....any advice?

Also being the repetitive person I am, can anyone suggest any decent frozen meat ? I used to have chilled meat from Asda but they stopped putting them on a multi buy offer and put the price up. I don't mind it being frozen as I warm it up anyway to have with a portion of vegetables but would like it edible!

Not sure whether I'll sign up to a 12 week countdown again though I might sign up for a 6 week one - it's having to think about whether I need to book holidays when you buy the countdown that I find a pain.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all.

1/2lb off for this week. I've been hovering around this weight for a few weeks now so need to do something to spur it on. I'm on my own over the weekend so I'm going to try a couple of speed days in the hope it will give me a boost. Could those in the know tell me if this is roughly right - meals protein and speed, no free foods, syns as usual, 1 HEX A and 2 HEX B??? Any suggestions for meals/recipes welcome.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    esmy wrote: »
    Morning all.

1/2lb off for this week. I've been hovering around this weight for a few weeks now so need to do something to spur it on. I'm on my own over the weekend so I'm going to try a couple of speed days in the hope it will give me a boost. Could those in the know tell me if this is roughly right - meals protein and speed, no free foods, syns as usual, 1 HEX A and 2 HEX B??? Any suggestions for meals/recipes welcome.

Yes, that's about right for SP esmy and well done on your loss. I'd take anything at the moment however small. I think missing carbs on SP is largely psychological. I find if I have something chunky to cut into with my knife and fork then I don't miss the potatoes. So if you did a roast, you could roast carrots in chunks the size of new potatoes and you'd be fine. The go to recipe is cottage pie with a swede and carrot mash but that's a lot of faff for one person. I find lunches and breakfasts easy. Omelettes and soups are good. I have beetroot and cornichons alongside my omelettes or a pile of salad. In the omelettes you can have ham and any veg in the fridge like tomatoes, mushrooms, onions etc. Butternut squash roasts well or makes chips. To me they taste like sweet potato but they're Speed. I've not tried things like veggie rice and spaghetti but they're good for cutting carbs.

Do you mean ready cooked frozen meat gettingtheresometime? If so, it's not something I've ever bought. I buy most of my meat either YS in Sainsbury's or from Aldi.

I have to do my meal plan and shop for the week but I've got enough in to manage today.

Which bread do most people use for their HEB? I like a small loaf but find most of them tasteless. Currently Burgen Soya and Linseed is my favourite but it's 80p so a lot of money for a small loaf.

EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast
    L: JP with veggie chilli
    D: pork burger, SW chips, asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms
    Syns: not decided yet;)
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I use Kingsmill Hi Fibre still :o

Hasn't made me gain so I'm happy with it.

Today I'm having 2 HEXBs and to heck with it

B - Bacon mushroom and tomato sandwich

D - Tuna salad sandwich (4 for mayo) and an apple

T - Stir fry

HEXAs will be milk x 2

Not sure on syns yet. I have some beef monster munch here if I fancy them.

Well done losers!
  • maman wrote: »
    Do you mean ready cooked frozen meat gettingtheresometime? If so, it's not something I've ever bought. I buy most of my meat either YS in Sainsbury's or from Aldi.

Which bread do most people use for their HEB? I like a small loaf but find most of them tasteless. Currently Burgen Soya and Linseed is my favourite but it's 80p so a lot of money for a small loaf.

Yes Maman I do.

I'm quite restricted in what I can prepare in work - we have a microwave as well as a toaster and that's its so really it's a case of anything I can warm up.

I'm not really a salad girl so in my pre sw days its was sandwiches but I don't want to go down that route now.

I used to have the pasta pots from Tesco but again I'm trying to limit the amount of pasta I eat (though I suppose I could go for the vegetable variety) so any suggestions would be useful.

I have the Hovis wholemeal (400g loaf) when I do have bread
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Having a bit of an off plan day today. Shouldn't but feeling off today, and by allowing myself an off plan day hopefully I will feel less guilty the just having one, and therefore will hopefully feel like getting back on it tomorrow.
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done to the losers:T:T
    Kathryn, you are entitled too an off day, take care xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure