Taxreturned (website)

Anyone had anything positive to say regarding this site

https://www.taxreturned.co.uk/

would like to know opinions before I put my details in the claim boxes.

Cheers
All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.

Comments

• Depends what you are claiming for!

They are not the official hmrc site.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself?
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Depends what you are claiming for!

They are not the official hmrc site.

Well it was a link on FB that appeared. I work for NHS and wash my uniform so started the calculater and it said I could get back £240 over 6 years.

But as it was an add im not sure if its a genuine site that people use, im a bit careful.
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • silkyuk9
    tomtontom wrote: »
    Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself?

I understand that, thats why I was asking. I know I could just ring up the tax office.
  • Those companies hope that you think it will be too difficult to do it yourself. They take advantage of people.

This should help: MSE warns against using FaceBook.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/uniform-tax-rebate
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• silkyuk9
    Those companies hope that you think it will be too difficult to do it yourself. They take advantage of people.

This should help: MSE warns against using FaceBook.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/uniform-tax-rebate

I called them up no bothers!! However I claimed this several years ago so it runs each year so im getting my expenses, boo hoo, thought i was going to get £240, but really ive had the £240 but not really noticed it.
  • silkyuk9 wrote: »
    Well it was a link on FB that appeared. I work for NHS and wash my uniform so started the calculater and it said I could get back £240 over 6 years.

But as it was an add im not sure if its a genuine site that people use, im a bit careful.
    Oh good, it is on Buck of Face. That will ensure it is [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] a scam
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    This extract from their T&Cs might help you decide whether to use them or not:
    8. Price and Payment

8.1 In consideration of Us performing the Services, You agree that You will pay Us 20% plus VAT of any Refund received from HMRC, or procure that the same is paid to Us, plus a £10 (+ VAT) cheque processing fee (“Our Fees”).
    8.2 Where HMRC send Your Refund directly to Us, any such money will be put in our dedicated client account, and kept separate from our own account. We will automatically deduct Our Fees and will send You a cheque for the remaining amount of the Refund to the address You provide in Your Claim Form.
    8.3 If you lose the cheque that We send You, We will issue You with a new one after We have cancelled the original, but this will be subject to a cancellation and reissue processing fee of £25 (+VAT).
    8.4 If HMRC send Your Refund directly to You, You shall pay Our Fees (with the exception of the £10 (+VAT) cheque processing fee which will not be payable) within 7 days of receipt of the Refund by You.
    8.5 We shall have the right to charge, and You shall pay, interest on the overdue amount (including any interest compounded thereon) at a rate of 5% per annum above HSBC Bank Plc’s then current base rate. The interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the date it was due until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount.
    8.6 However, if you dispute Our Fee in good faith and contact Us to let Us know promptly that you dispute it, the late payment Fee will not apply for the period of the dispute.
  • Semi-literate idiots!
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• Put the following words into a phrase or saying

Rope
    for
    Old
    Money
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts