What Small Debt Free Wanabee things will you do this week? w/c 15th August

Comments

• Good morning one and all,

Long event day at work for me today which means a NSD too :)

- Check banks and YNAB
    - Check free post code lottery
    - Work to provide meals
    - Drink plenty water
    - Charge phone at work

Short.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Go to Work.

Strive to say sane.

Take a packed lunch.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Yoohoo :D:D:D :wave:
    Just back from a dental check up. I have a very sore mouth for only needing a scale and polish. And I paid £19.70 for the privilege as well. :( Still, it's important to get the kids into good dental habits.
    Today could end up being another spendy day. I had budgeted for the dentist but I also have to take 2 of the cats to the dreaded V-word. And yes, one is the naughty tortie so I won't be holding my breath. Other than that, no spends planned.
    Here's my little list:
    :cheesy: check banking and PAD
    :cheesy: washing done and line dried
    :cheesy: dentist for me and kids
    :cheesy: vet for 2 of the cats
    :cheesy: choose my next crochet project (hat for bestie's birthday but the pattern I've chosen seems to be getting the better of me... :mad:)
    :cheesy: hoover through
    :cheesy: one bag of rubbish
    Best also check if there's anything carried over from yesterday.

I
    [STRIKE]:cool: checked banking and PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: plenty of outdoor exercise in the weather[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: taken dd to meet her friends[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: do a load of washing
    :cool: find something from the freezer for dinner
    :cool: get this blanket finished (20 ends to weave in)
    :cool: choose something to make for bestie for her birthday [/STRIKE]

Nope - productive day yesterday :j
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Greetings Campers,
    *Paid for new car (Oct 15 plate so new to us but not silly new car price).
    *Recovered.
    *Took out 5 year service plan. £20 a month. I usually put £50 a month away in our Car Maintenance Piggy but still insisted on seeing a full list of exactly how many services, etc, available on the plan. It will be a saving so I signed up.
    *Another saving is 3 years Skoda breakdown cover being offered ad standard so I won't need to pay any breakdown companies for 3 years.
    *Cheapo lunch at pub as mr f had a £5 off voucher.
    *Did next week's meal plans & wrote shopping list.
    *Checked online for best price on camping gas cannisters.
    *Watered veggie garden.
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water.
    *Picked as many greengages as I could reach. Mr f will get the rest. He can be very tenacious over these things!
    *Refused cat a 2nd breakfast despite him going full on with the sad-eye.
    Ok. That's me. Keep your hand on your pence, Friends,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • All things on my DFW list for today were mentally ticked off. I've done nothing but work so I've not had a chance to spend - happy days.

We listen to Heart radio in work and twice a day they give away chunks of money and I think of how amazing that'd be but I've never entered. Don't want to waste more money. It's a nice thought though.
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hello everyone! I've not been around here for a few months, I'm pleased to say that I'm still debt free and as of July I'm now married! However I'm really needing to save some money as we've found out we have a baby boy on the way and due in November! So this week I will be:

- Listing things on Ebay
    - Having a look at getting back into surveys
    - Looking for ways to save money on my food shop
    - Looking for baby bargains!

Hope you are all OK and welcome to the newer people I don't know! :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • katy_ann wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've not been around here for a few months, I'm pleased to say that I'm still debt free and as of July I'm now married! However I'm really needing to save some money as we've found out we have a baby boy on the way and due in November!
    Woohooo! You have had such a big and happy 2016 Katyann - congratulations on the fantastic news.

As I suspected. Tortie cost me more. Good news is that she's going about 4 months between steroid injections; bad news is that it's £46 an injection. But if that's once every 4 months I can budget for that ok... Also - vet is keen that the other cat that went today has a dental. I bet she is at almost £500 a pop. We'll see.
    Foxgloves - huge congrats on Scarlett - enjoy her

Here's my little list:
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: check banking and PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: washing done and line dried[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: dentist for me and kids
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]:cheesy: vet for 2 of the cats[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: choose my next crochet project (hat for bestie's birthday but the pattern I've chosen seems to be getting the better of me... :mad:)[/STRIKE]
    :cheesy: hoover through
    :cheesy: one bag of rubbish

The housework has gone onto tomorrow's list as I just couldn't be bothered by the time I'd done dentist, vet, pokemon hunt at the park and YS hunting at the supermarket. The hat is conquered and finished though.

Nope - productive day yesterday :j
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    La e food sounds amazing - do you have a spare chair by any chance ;) I'd do as much as you can in advance, plus it means you need to spend less time in the kitchen when they're here.

:hello: katyann lovely to *see* you back, congrats on the wedding and bundle. If you haven't already found one, I'd recommend looking for a local NCT sale - loads of pre loved stuff - has to be nearly new for sale so good quality and good prices (pre done - so no haggling :))

My list for today:
    It's payday :j big money shuffle done and all my pots look super healthy :D also padded £55 to savings by mistake in the excitement of it all - don't want to take it back really, so will leave it and see if I can manage without
    Going to BF later, she's cooking
    Meeting in local town this morning, petrol paid for
    Need to meal plan and start next weeks shopping list
    Car insurance search continues

Back later. PF.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 August 2016 at 12:14PM
    Morning la e and pf. Wow seems you were both posting early!

Haven't been around the last few days as was a worker bee for 2 days doing some temp admin for oh's company. Was very low skill needed but quite enjoyable as it required being methodical and attention to detail which I kinda like! Will get paid £120 for it and will get another £60 for a day next week. After having NO income for 3 months this seems like a fortune!

Today I am home with dgd, I think she might be coming down with something as she ihas been quite emotional for the last day and she's quite warm. So day at home playing games and lots of cuddles I think...

Today:
    Need to do some cleaning. House is a mess with me not keeping on top of it!
    Going to a wedding reception tonight. Friend is having dgd over night - just occurred to me this will depend on how she feels...
    Sterilise demijohns to decant wine into
    Submit meter readings
    Make blackberry and apple cake
    Pick more blackberries and plum. Might. Make plum jam...
    Picked runner bean, French beans, tomatoes and chillies
    Put a tomato plant and lettuces in green bin as they are finished - Tom plant has something wrong with it and lettuces gone to seed. Will wash out Tom pot and store as well as bamboos
    Totalled he veg/foraged food now up to £172
    Wrote gc spends for over last week in bullet journal
    Making yogurt in sc
    Did budget for next month

Considering going to seaside town a few miles away as saw a winter coat I saw yesterday in there I liked. It's exactly the style I had most hoped to find (knee length puffer/barber) and is £4.50. But it's a size 12 and I am mostly a 10. I was in a rush so couldn't work out if it fitted ok. Thinking if it's slightly big I can take it in. Also wasn't so sure how warm it would be in winter, but maybe when it's really cold a chunky cardi underneath will do? Ha ha such considerations for something that is £4.50! :rotfl:

Ok that's all I can think of right now. Lots of patience required as dgd is snapping my head off every 5 minutes! Happy Friday everyone x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Morning all,

Some of you are up sharp.

Long day in work yesterday meant I couldn't do much however normal service resumes today;

- Check banks and YNAB
    - Check free post code lottery
    - Bring breakfast and lunch into work
    - Drink plenty water
    - Exercise, maybe even twice
    - Make solid plans for the weekend that'll allow me to budget spending

Ohhh blackberry and apple cake sounds amazing!! I'll need to try that at some point. Does it keep well, DNM?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure