The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Comments

• Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Having just whinged about Ebay not having a free listing weekend for ages, there is one this weekend - so anyone decluttering and waiting to make a few pennies get listing.

I'm sure they had one the weekend after Christmas? It was something along the lines of getting rid of wanted presents. Which is so nice!

I'm with you all on the idea of quality over quantity when it comes to clothes in le future. I've already told OH when we're in a better place money wise (post loan and house buying!) I fully plan on wearing Joy for work, Seasalt at home and possibly have the odd Joules coat!

Got my total up to 75/100 :T Don't know if anyone has used them before but Zapper are pretty good for selling books on. I did keep back my copy of Skinny Blitch (minus the L) I thought with all the ladies trying to get healthy in the New Year someone here might want to read it? I'll pay the postage and everything!
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Did zapper take many? I don't want to spend hours tapping in barcodes for them to take 1%.

40 lots listed on ebay this weekend, pretty pleased about that.

New laptop arrives tomorrow, it claims. Looking forward to it.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    They took 7 from a pile of 15 (have another little bag to take to the charity shop now!) so pretty decent. It just depends on the book really! I think you need at least £10 to make an order. Dropped them off at a local collect+ at dinner time :)

How's little Grace been this weekend? Are you and NIM feeling better?
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Grace has been great, lots of smiles, her gorgeous self. Sinus cold finally starting to imrpove, although I've been up since 4am as my coughing woke Grace up, who then wanted a bottle, and wouldn't settle, therefore waking NIM up. Have emailed him a little pressie to apologise for the early start.

Ebay listings up to £74.99 with the first ones finishing on Saturday. If by some miracle everything sold for its starting price that would be £801 in the kitty.

Might have to try zapper later then, every little helps. Looking forward to hitting music magpie once I have the new computer so I can use the webcam as a scanner. Did I read you saying they hadn't turned up for your stuff though Cinny?
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Might have to try zapper later then, every little helps. Looking forward to hitting music magpie once I have the new computer so I can use the webcam as a scanner. Did I read you saying they hadn't turned up for your stuff though Cinny?

Twice, infact! But if they have an app for your phone I'd suggest scanning everything on there first as you get offered more money (some things were £5 online, £8 on the app - a couple things were rejected online but accepted app wise too!) I did everything online and on the app then split my order into two. Anything that I got more on the app was sold that way, anything that was equal on both went through the computer and through quidco. I caved and just dropped them off at a collect+ point this time. Once they've paid me I'm going to complain. A lot. And often!

Bless Grace just wanted some family bonding time! Glad you're feeling a little better though, despite the early morning wake up :) hope the laptop doesn't take the piddle with getting to you.

Woke up to snow this morning, we didn't get a smidge over Christmas or anything so I'm all happy. Less happy desnowing my car but still happy!
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    How annoying about the shoe lady Tete! You always seem to have such bad luck with ebay! Well done on the decluttering though (although I can't believe you still had a cupboard full of videos!). :)

Well done on your decluttering too Cinny! :T I'll take the book if no-one else has called dibs? :)

Happy new laptop day Dinah! :) Well done with the ebay listing and it's nice to hear that Gracie's been a good girl this weekend :)

Not a lot of de-junking done this weekend as expected. :o We did take the Christmas tree to the tip though (it had been slowly dying in the spare room for 2 weeks! :p) so now I can actually move about in there I'll have a sort-out of my wardrobe which should be an easy way to boost the total! :)

I'm slowly but surely working up the courage to tackle my craft stuff. :eek: If only I wasn't such a hoarder! Maybe if I make a point of making a card straight away with every little 'Oooh that's a pretty scrap of paper/bit of broken jewellery/tiny length of ribbon' I come across I'll either decide it's not worth the effort to keep it or I'll make so many cards that I'll have enough to sell all year and I'll have decluttered in a nice way. :) Won't work that way at all though, I know that now! :o

ETA: No snow here today! :( Oddly, the lady who lives on the other side of town from me said she had snow outside her house, but not a flake outside mine! Not impressed :(
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Good idea with the cards Birdie! Will be handy to have a stash ready for any unexpected/forgotten birthdays too! I was given a load of vintage dress/sewing patterns (30ish) by my gran's neighbour yesterday, but will only use a few - going to put the rest on ebay, but will have to go through them and double check all the parts are there - that'll be fun!

No snow here either, but it is SO foggy in work town. Snow predicted in work town at 3pm but a lot earlier in home town - really hoping they'll send us home but if not I'm going early anyway :P

Wow to the £800 Dinah - fingers crossed they all sell! And how cheeky about the zapper app giving different prices to the website!!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Aaaand, it's snowing quite heavily here already. Not laying yet but I'll be keeping an eye on it! Augh.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Hey All

I woke up to a little sprinkle of snow here! Whoops, I spent ages yesterday reassuring my MIL that it wasn't going to come to London. They are flying from Gatwick on Tuesday, to the Carribean - why didn't they bring us with them??? :p

Got last week's conference over with at Uni that I was co-organising. It went well. I got pants feedback about my work which sucked. Now I've got to prepare for my longest ever presentation, 45 minutes :eek: which is going to be in Edinburgh at the end of Jan. So OH and I are going there for a long weekend nice jolly. I'm so nervous about it - what if they all think my work is rubbish? I guess that will be very useful feedback in itself :rotfl: I'm so tired of the emotional trial of the PhD. I just want to sack it all off and go to bed to sleep for a year. Other than that I'm just being a big moody face around the house, poor OH I don't know what's gotten into me. Perhaps PMT!

I salute all you ebaying folk, £800 is a phenomenal amount of money Dinah :) OH has been Freecycling so the pile of junk in the kitchen is coming down slowly. I'll have to claim all his hard work as my own in the declutter challenge.
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    How annoying about the shoes Tete! Maybe Royal Mail didn't leave her a card? Seems a bit odd to buy something and not bother collecting it, unless she was just trying it on of course! I bought a couple of dresses on ebay and am sitting staking out my front door now, I'm sure the postie doesn't bother knocking sometimes but just shoves the card through.

Some snow here but its pretty slushy so not too exciting. (Well ok, still fairly exciting!)
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport