The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• Hearing about your friend is sad and puts trivial things into perspective for me. Sorry you have lost a friend and a boy his mother.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks guys. You're all gorgeous.

It's the boy I feel so sorry for. I guess it's too close to home. None of us know.

Tonight I have done some outstanding sewing work. I have realised I need to get on and enjoy life.

Just over one week to my holiday. Looking forward to some interrupted quality time with DS and DH.

Have a good nights sleep all. Xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    It's been a strange old week with one thing and another, I'm not sad it's coming to an end.

So far today has been a total waste. Nothing done apart from me sitting here worrying how I could have let my house get into such disrepair over the past 15 years, which is pointless really. All I need to do is not let it get worse and start Improving it again.

I go on holiday a week today and have a lot to do between now and then. I thought I would list it out to do help keep me on track.

Finish trousers
    Finish dress
    Make skirt if time.
    Empty shed
    Empty cupboard by boiler
    Clear stairs
    Washing up to date
    More decluttering
    Tidy house before going away. I don't want to come back to a mess.

A lot of the above could have been done today. I'm so annoyed when the demotivated mood kicks in. I'm going to finish the trousers tonight plus clear the stairs and boiler cupboard. But now I'm going into the garden while the sun is shining and sort some stuff in the shed.

I hope you are all having a more productive day.

P x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Sorry you've been feeling fed up today. We all get like that at times. My house needs a lot doing to it, re-rendering, painting, new bathroom, new flooring, new sofas etc etc :( but I want to be debt free first.

At least you can get your windows done so that will be good. We all regret wasted years, I know I do, but it's best to look forward not back :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hi sorry to hear of your friend :( not surprising you feel a little below motivated... hope you feel motivation returning soon and hopefully your hol will perk you up :)
    Well done on your Xmas shopping- you have inspired me to have a good go at mine this half term... have got a few pressies but be great to get more done (and maybe some even wrapped!?!) by end Oct. ..
    Thanks again and all the best! X
  • It's been a strange old week with one thing and another, I'm not sad it's coming to an end.
    Oh parsniphead I am so with you here. Onwards and upwards for us both :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Sorry you've been feeling fed up today. We all get like that at times. My house needs a lot doing to it, re-rendering, painting, new bathroom, new flooring, new sofas etc etc :( but I want to be debt free first.

At least you can get your windows done so that will be good. We all regret wasted years, I know I do, but it's best to look forward not back :)

Just one of those days HairyHandofDartmoor. It will pass.
    Hi sorry to hear of your friend :( not surprising you feel a little below motivated... hope you feel motivation returning soon and hopefully your hol will perk you up :)
    Well done on your Xmas shopping- you have inspired me to have a good go at mine this half term... have got a few pressies but be great to get more done (and maybe some even wrapped!?!) by end Oct. ..
    Thanks again and all the best! X

Hello happierdays. Oh I had forgot about wrapping.:eek: I hope you vet yours done.
    Oh parsniphead I am so with you here. Onwards and upwards for us both :)

Yes we can do it DIA. Have a better week.

Today I took DS to the park and put away some washing. That's it. Nothing else done. My house is upside down, a complete tip. You wouldn't believe I had spent the last goodness knows how many months trying to sort it out. Oh well next week is a new week. Perhaps I will make some progress if I move my butt. I need to keeping telling myself that the less cluttered and sorted it is the easier it will be to clean.

My health is starting to concern me, mainly affected by my excess weight. I have managed, after months of trying, to get back onto my fitness pal. Tomorrow I will begin logging my food again and begin the long process of trying to lose 3 stone. I sometimes feel like I can hardly put one foot in front of another as I feel so heavy and my joints are so painful. I CANNOT let it get any worse.

Five full days before Buxton. What can I achieve.;)

• Based on previous efforts, you can achieve so much. The thing that is helping me, a bit, with weight is what my coach said. When faced with a choice e.g. Open the Jaffa cakes or not, ask yourself
    If I say yes to this, what am I saying no to.

Having had surgeries on my knee, and given what you've said, it sounds like you could be saying no to joint health, trips to the park, etc.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Thanks INOD. The Annoying thing is I don't eat badly and very rarely between meals. Oh and I have about one bottle of beer per month. I could understand if i overate rubbish.

I guess I need to find the motivation to exercise. I just need to find which excites me.

• parsniphead
    Goodness, a couple of days have flown by again.

This morning I have cleared the toys from the garden as the tree man rang yesterday and wants to come tomorrow.:eek:. I will be glad thought as it was have a good old sway in the storm which trashed two fence panels, blew chairs around the garden (because I forgot to put them away), blew the door off the greenhouse and turned the trampoline on its side. :rotfl: and it took me ages to notice.

I have also been shopping this morning to get DS some clothes for the holiday as his trousers had fallen out with his ankles, plus two new pairs for me as I've ripped a pair of mine.

Just a bit of lunch then on with the work and the massive list which I need to complete. I really need to start cracking on and start making a difference allowing me to move on. I've just been watching a program about home improvement and what can be achieved for little money. I need to start thinking out of the box......mmmmm.

Another great thing is the self employed work is starting to come in again.:j. Please keep it coming.

Anyway hopefully I will be catching up on the diaries later. I'm missing them. Have a fab day all. X

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure