IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NTK for Coop Car Park - Norfolk Parking Enforcement (NPE) ANPR Version

BOBFOC_2
BOBFOC_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
edited 3 October 2017 at 6:45PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello MSE

A Notice To Keeper (NTK) has been received, for parking at a Norwich East of England Co-Op) Shop. They delivered it in good time and in letter form.

Details (redacted) as follows:

National Parking Enforcement LTD
The Studio, St. Nicholas Close, Elstree, Herts, WD6 3EW
Reg: 08031075

Duration: times redacted, but 15 minutes duration

Reason for issue: "Parked in a child and parent bay whilst unaccompanied by a child of 12 years or less, Parked in a disabled bay & failing to display a valid blue badge."

"The driver of the above vehicle, etc.”

Some detail (to be included in any appeal, if advised to by MSE) of the circumstances that caused the driver to be parked in the parent and child bay are as follows:

The driver is an unemployed Granddad, and he wanted to use the cash point machine, and the Co-Op shop, and the post office (all in same place). The driver had no money until he had checked the cash point. When the driver left his car, he had 3 passengers inside (his daughter, and 2 granddaughters under the ages of 12) but as they were all ill with coughs and colds, and crying, he left them alone to visit the cash point first. The driver told his daughter that he would check if he had received benefit payments, and if so, he said he would treat the girls to something in the shop. The driver didn't even think to check if it was OK to park in a child/parent bay with children in the car, as he just assumed it was correct. The drivers child and grandchildren all remained inside the car while he used the cash point, but he had told them all that he would come back to let them know if they could come into the shop too, a few minutes later.

The driver returned to the car to tell them that he didn't have enough money in his account for treats for the children, and also to collect the parcel that he had to post inside the Co-Op. The driver has a postal receipt for the tracking of his parcel, but not for the transaction for food inside the shop, which was in cash.

The driver has witnesses who can confirm that the children were all ill that day.

Following the driver's very brief 15 minute stop at Co-Op, he left the car park none the wiser. He hadn't even remotely considered that he may have breached some private parking notice.

The driver has provided me with a photo which shows the parking warning notice in place at the Co-Op, and it says a “Parent” using the child/parent space would require that the children would have needed to leave the car with the “Parent”.

I will post the photo of the sign in case it’s needed. The wording does sound biased against Grandparents, as it makes no mention that, for example, and elderly Grandparent could use the "Parent and Child Bays", despite the fact that you would expect that to be even more important, from the perspective of the Co-Op, and their ethical stance and community values, to support the elderly. The driver was not an OAP, but he wanted to help raise this potential discrimination for future reference of people, in similar situations.

I will await a reply, and keep reading in the meantime. I have already read a fair amount of the posts on this forum, and I understand that a letter of appeal may be needed. A letter of complaint will also be sent to the Chief Executive of Co-Operative Food; steve.murrells@co-operative.coop

** see below post #8 for correct CEO **

Please advise which template of appeal letter I should be using.

Thanks for the great work you all do.

Photo of the parking notice - I couldn't include due to forum restrictions.
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
~Frank Zappa

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    NPE are IPC members (and have changed their trading name from Norfolk) so its the IPC template and no chance of any POPLA code as they use the IAS

all the advice you need is in the NEWBIES thread

the backstory wont mean a thing to the PPC , so stay as KEEPER when appealing , but dont think they will cancel because they wont

a landholder cancellation is your BEST OPTION
  • BOBFOC_2
    Redx wrote: »
    NPE are IPC members (and have changed their trading name from Norfolk) so its the IPC template and no chance of any POPLA code as they use the IAS

all the advice you need is in the NEWBIES thread

the backstory wont mean a thing to the PPC , so stay as KEEPER when appealing , but dont think they will cancel because they wont

a landholder cancellation is your BEST OPTION

Ah, Ok. I must have been looking at old info regarding the name, and the fact it was under BPA. Is IPC easier to resolve than BPA, or are they really fairly similar?

Where should I start looking for landholder cancellation, such as finding out who owns the land?

Thank you
    The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
    ~Frank Zappa
  • Redx
    all explained in the NEWBIES sticky thread, please read it AGAIN , and again , until it sinks in

try google for landholder details, or the shops themselves, or pay the Land Registry for landholder details
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 October 2017 at 12:33PM
    Start by editing your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who ARE two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

The landholder is the shop The Driver visited, the landowner you can find from the land registry for a small fee, but start with the store manager and/or CEO.
    Refer to yourself as The Keeper and say that The Driver was a genuine customer. Show redacted receipts or bank/cc statements to show this.

IPC is a sham and much worserer than the BPA, therefore a landholder cancellation is best, but don't miss he PPC's appeal deadline.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • BOBFOC_2
    edited 3 October 2017 at 6:48PM
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Start by editing your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who ARE two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

The landholder is the shop The Driver visited, the landowner you can find from the land registry for a small fee, but start with the store manager and/or CEO.
    Refer to yourself as The Keeper and say that The Driver was a genuine customer. Show redacted receipts or bank/cc statements to show this.

IPC is a sham and much worserer than the BPA, therefore a landholder cancellation is best, but don't miss he PPC's appeal deadline.

Thanks for the additional info. I only read the BPA elements of the Newbies Threads, as I noticed that they NPE had a BPA logo at the bottom of their website. I will go and read the IPC threads too.

The driver is happy to begin writing an email for their CEO.

He can't afford to pay the Land Registry, unless it's a last resort. His finances are pretty bad as he is on benefits.
    ~Frank Zappa
  • Redx
    edited 10 October 2017 at 4:18PM
    there are 2 types of logo , rectangular and a roundel , meaning different things , which have been explained hundreds of times on here

go to the IPC website , click on AOS MEMBERS and clisk on the N section , you will see them listed under NATIONAL , then read the small print

this means they use the IPC CoP and the IPC IAS for disputes, this is what matters (not some logo)

the ability to pay is irrelevant in these matters , but you did ask so I and fruitcake gave you the info you asked for , makes no difference to us is you can act on it or not

we give out the advice, you take it from there

if this goes to court and you lose, the judge will still issue a judgment for the claimant and a sum to pay , irrespective of your finances , sorry to say

we cannot "dress up" the issues etc , this isnt the samaritans (lol), we tell it like it is, so you can play from a full deck and know the consequences

a typical loss could be £175 in court , the PPC has 6 years to issue an MCOL from Northampton CCBC
  • BOBFOC_2
    edited 3 October 2017 at 6:52PM
    I have spoken to the co-op totally anonymously and obtained the correct name and email address for the CEO.

East of England Co-operative Society

Mr Roger Grosvenor - Executive Officer - Retail

Email rgrosvenor@eastofengland.coop

Telephone 01473 786000
    Switchboard 01473 786000

In order to find the landowner information should a request be added to the letter of complaint sent to Co-Op?
    ~Frank Zappa
  • BOBFOC_2
    edited 3 October 2017 at 6:54PM
    Hello, could someone please give this a sanity check? Thanks...

National Parking Enforcement LTD
    St Nicholas Cl,
    Elstree,
    Borehamwood,
    WD6 3EW

Re PCN number: *******

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company and are they the landowner?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs, which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me. I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle.

I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

In order to resolve the dispute I attach copies of the driver’s Royal Mail postal confirmation of that day as they were a genuine customer East of England Co-Op. The driver's other business that day was a cash transaction for food, and using the cash point machine.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxx
    ~Frank Zappa
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    http://www.parkingprotection.co.uk/contact.html

Address:
    PO BOX 244, Wymondham, Norfolk NR18 8BZ

St Nicholas Cl,
    Elstree,
    Borehamwood,
    WD6 3EW

is the company secretary's address , or a mail drop , it is used by 4,589 companies see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=WD6+3EW

do you expect them to answer those questions?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • BOBFOC_2
    pappa_golf wrote: »

do you expect them to answer those questions?

It's just copied from the relevant template for appeal. I am just following instructions, I'm not of a legal mind myself. I will be emailing this as per the guidance given in the "Template appeal for IPC members - copy this wording into the online appeal box or into an email" from the newbies thread. Unless I am advised differently, or advised to make some alterations first.

Thanks
    ~Frank Zappa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport