PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Comments

• amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 2 October 2012 at 10:27AM
    Well I'm up obscenely early due to being told late last night that my Nana and Grandad are coming up to visit from the midlands and I will be providing afternoon tea :eek: I now can't sleep so have decided to crack on with all the jobs that need to be done before then. I'd be more panicked (as Nana is someone who always has an impeccable house), but I know they're also visiting my hoarder parents and terminally messy sister so I won't be the worst :rotfl:

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    Level One

[STRIKE]Clear and hoover floors[/STRIKE]
    Level Two

Dust any dusty bits

[STRIKE]Clear and wipe coffee table[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe door handles and light switches
    Clear the hallway
    Wipe mirrors[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    HHI
    Empty all bins

Tuesday - Kitchen & Hall (no dining room)
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe surfaces[/STRIKE]
    Level Two

[STRIKE]Clear floors[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Mop & hoover floors
    Clean microwave[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    Make biscuits / cakes for afternoon tea
    Pop out to the shops to buy milk and marg, etc
    If I get time then I'll make an extra batch of cakes to send back down to the midlands for little cousins
    Clear a hotspot
    Wipe out fridge
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning folks

Hi to all the newbies.

My voice is still missing! I have a team meeting at 8am so that should be fun!

xxjoxx how about putting you budget up on the debt free board and aeeing if they can come up with any ideas for you on your budget, they seem to offer a lot of help over there, I read and lurk over there, and 'steal' the ideas for myself!

Daily flying is all up to date

Had email from paypal saying someone had paid me fraudently, and they are holding the payment, so I am going to hold the item, they can send the payment back for all I care! I can always relist it.

Have a good day xx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Save_Dosh wrote: »
    Yorkshirepud welcome - I use vinegar and microfibre cloth. I do have a floor and hand steam cleaner, so i use them, essential oils for smell and their antibacterial properties, usually orange or lemon oil. Bleach down the loo. I try to do it mainly natural, but I have added a few chemical things, namely stardrops and elbow grease, but i find you cant beat vinegar, oh yes and baby oil on my kitchen worktops to shine them.

p.s. - do you know that lists are added to the first post daily on what room to do, but obviously you don't have to stick to them if you have your own agenda - just thought id mention it, as i did not realise for ages.

Hi there Save Dosh

Thanks for your reply! I have tried vinegar and lemon (with bicarb) and although everything is clean after using them, I can't seem to make it smell nice! Instead all I can smell is white vinegar! Am I doing something wrong?

Also I didn't realise that each days lists were on the first page so thanks for that! I will be flying today as well as well ticking off my own lists!

Thank you, I'm just getting to grips with this thread so forgive me while I'm still learning :D
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!:j
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. My list for today, around the paid stuff as usual:

Wash up last nights dishes (why do I always leave this?)
    Bath
    Walk dogs
    Clean downstairs toilet
    Vaccuum through
    Pack case for few days away
    Wipe out fridge
    Clean microwave
    Wipe kitchen surfaces
    Dust HSL
    Clean hard floors in LR, Hall and kitchen

Have a good day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I decluttered 5 bags of gibble yesterday. Go me!

The tooth fairy (DH) has messed up big time. £2 for DS and £1 for DD. how do I explain that one? He left at 5.45 this morning and I've got the euphoric son and tearful daughter.

Work today, Dd has football after school. I will take DS to the library.

GI just repeating what others have said, trust your judgement and see the GP if you are worried.

- Jo - an uneven budget is a horrible thing. It's good you are looking into Guntree. I really hope you get the scales a little more balanced.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning. About to set off to paid stuff, via decluttering tots to nursery. Might be a late one today, but we are in good shape as I made a start last night...

Hoping for a productive and peaceful Tuesday for all flyers x
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mumto5 any chance one was molar? She has messed up here big time on many occassions!

I'm off to shuffle laundry and have a shower next. Want to get some basic flying done before going to my friends and town so that I can concentrate on paperwork all afternoon.

Open night tonight at DS2's school so I need to drive him back there for 5:30 as there is no bus at that time then collect DH from a station either in that town or back home so that we can look around for DS3 (who is on a school trip) and I will then take DS3 for a daytime trip on Monday!
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2012 at 5:13PM
    morning all
    hope everyone is well, welcome to the new flyers who have joined the thread
    just off to shoo remaining stragler off to school then ill make a start

Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    Level One - done
    Level Two - done
    Level Three - done
    HHI

Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level One - done
    Level Two
    Clear and wipe dining table
    Level Three
    clean out any pets[STRIKE] mice [/STRIKE]tortoise
    Extras
    Clear a hotspot
    Wipe out fridge

todays MUST do list
    [STRIKE]plant up lavender plug plants into trays[/STRIKE]

My List
    [STRIKE]Catch up on mending[/STRIKE]
    Sort out the medicine cupboard, restock ready for winter
    Catch up on washing
    plant indoor christmas hyachincs
    clear lounge table again.
    make a cake
    write 2 letters
    make a batch of marmalade
    sort items out for charity parcel ready to send this month.

My 5 for october list.
    change garage window
    lay mils bathroom floor
    make the christmas cake
    make 25 more items to sell at school craft fayre
    complete my 50 for my 50th challenge.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • If she can say she's been sad for months then I would take her to GP asap; it is difficult to verbalise feelings when clinically depressed so if she open up now then take/help her. I have long history of depression on and off since early teens - hindsight is a wonderful thing - parents didnt understand, in 70s/80s it was taboo... pm me if you need. Much love xx

ETA not being able to pinpoint to a particular time/event is totally normal with depression

Thanks. That was one of the things that rang alarm bells :(
    Save_Dosh wrote: »
    Goodintentions i have to agree with a visit to gp. My daughter, in particular, would get tearful, but it was an on an off thing. I think best to rule it out, so you know what your dealing with. Hope its just teenage blues.

DD1 is often tearful/emotional, so I know how to deal with that! It is often hormonal ;) DD2 is so different. She doesn't talk about feelings much (never has).
    kazmeister wrote: »
    GoodIntentions - sorry to hear about DD. i was shocked when I was in front line services at the number of under 24's on antidepressants. I would suggest the most important thing is to keep communication channels open with DD, ask her if she'd like you to make a doctors appointment for her and then go along to be supportive. Ask him about alternatives before allowing them to dish out anti d's. Big hugs.

Thanks. She is in bed at the moment as she doesn't need to go to school until later. I don't want to wake her up, as she didn't sleep well (according to FB this morning!)

Jobs for today:
    get cottage pie prepped for dinner
    toddler group this morning
    maybe take Bubba to be weighed later
    talk to DD2, and make appointment at GP
    give research project some thought
    check lists to see what else I can do!

Ok. Must go now & get ready to go out. Hugs, sticks & spoons to those that need them (I think I will hold onto a few sticks to use around here!)
  • Dumbe
    Dumbe Posts: 266 Forumite
    hi everyone,

Hope you week is going well. Well done looks like everyone has been super busy today!

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    Level One
    Clear and hoover floors done
    Level Two
    Dust any dusty bits done
    Clear and wipe coffee table done
    Level Three
    Wipe door handles and light switches done
    Clear the hallway done
    Wipe mirrors done
    Extras
    HHI finally done
    Empty all bins delegated to hubby

Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level One

Clear and wipe surfaces
    Level Two
    Clear and wipe dining table done
    Clear floors
    Level Three
    Mop & hoover floors
    Wash any pet bedding/clean out any pets done
    Clean microwave
    Extras
    Wipe & water plants don't have any !
    Clear a hotspot
    Wipe out fridge

am doing ok . But Tuesday might be a level one/ two

Will try for some more hhi .... Feeling really good that I motivated myself to do any Irving so will continue while I'm on a roll!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure