Consumer Rights Sticky - Please Read Before Posting

Chickabiddybex
Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
edited 16 August 2021 at 3:39PM in Consumer rights
Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Why is this sticky not a sticky? ;)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Why is this sticky not a sticky? ;)

A phrase involving not knowing the fleshy parts at the top of the legs from the pointy bits half way down the arm springs to mind :D
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Does this new 'sticky' philosophy mean that the thread Quick questions on Consumer Rights will no longer serve a useful purpose?

For a start, no-one will know the thread is there, so no-one will post on it.

And even if some-one did post on that thread, no-one will ever notice the new post, so the query would remain unanswered.
  • If it is a popular thread it will likely stay on the first page and be read frequently anyway. If you spot any problems that do occur though please contact the forum team as they can do something with your feedback (I can't) :)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Im looking for some assistance in respect of dealing with Plumbnation and purchasing goods online, im not sure whether im in the right place or not...
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    mvb1975 wrote: »
    Im looking for some assistance in respect of dealing with Plumbnation and purchasing goods online, im not sure whether im in the right place or not...

If this is about a completed purchase then you probably are; read the links in the first post at the top of this thread (the blue text indicates a link) then you know what information to provide.

HTH
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Any advice welcome... Sorry not sure how to start new threat. So did reply...
    I moved in October and have a copy of the warranty for double glazed windows. 10 year warranty, installed 2007. It does say that ownership can transfer to new home owners. "In the event of disposal of property covered by this warranty, the company will permit the benefit of the remaining period of this warranty to be assigned to the new owner of the property, and will recognise such new owners as the person entitled to benefit of this warranty". To be honest I didn't read any further small print.... Until I noticed the window handles were broken and after opening some of the windows, they flop right down. Very loose. Small print says "the company must be advised of the change of ownership within one month from the date of the change". We did not do this. Do I have a leg to stand on re: replacement handles? or is it tough... Seems a bit mean of the company to me. Having said that excess is £50 so maybe not worth anything to me anyway. Only hope nothing happens to windows.
  • We purchased return tickets to Ireland from London via thetrainline.com. It involved rail and ferry journeys. On the return leg of our journey, the train we had tickets for did not run - because it was a Bank Holiday service. We had to get a taxi (at a cost of 180 Euros) to Dublin as it was the only way to get there in time for the ferry. thetrainline.com says it's not their responsibility but as they sold us the tickets surely it is? We have also contacted the Irish train operator and they say to take it up with thetrainline.com. We cannot afford to be out of pocket to this extent, especially when the fault is not ours. Can anyone help advise on next steps. Happy to go to small claims court but who is ultimately responsible?

Thanks!
  • hello,
    can anyone offer any advice for me?my mum bought me a hoover for christmas, she bought it 20th november i opened it christmas day and told her i cannot use it as i am disabled there is no way i can use it round the house so it is still unopened, never been used i contacted the shop on ebay to ask to return it because of the disabled reasons and he is refusing to have it back are there any rights in this, it is useless for me being disabled and i don't want her to loose out on what she paid for it, any advice gratefully received
  • Can anyone help please?
    3 months ago I moved to a new house. I'm still waiting for Open Reach to come and pull the wires through, however I am with EE. Ive paid up front for the line but I have neither a land line or broadband.
    Will I be in breach of contract as I had a years contract with EE if I go with another service provider that doesn't rely on BT?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback