PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter IV

Comments

• just been and purchased my Super Cosy microfibre footless tights, with super cosy lining £3.50 :j

Will be going to Glasgow tomorrow and snow is 4cast for here through the night, so hopefully i'll be snug:snow_laug
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, And Today is a Gift, That's Why it's Called The Present
    20p jar £1.20:j Mr M saver stamps £7.00 Mr Ice stamps £3.00
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Can i please pick your brains for the cheapest place for thick curtains ( chenille or velvet) I need a 90" x 90" drop so unlikely to find a pair second hand and the thermal linings i have on the patio doors really are not thick enough. im looking at 200+ to have them made and was hoping to be able to source some ready made for half that if I can, many thanks.
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    tori.k wrote: »
    Can i please pick your brains for the cheapest place for thick curtains ( chenille or velvet) I need a 90" x 90" drop so unlikely to find a pair second hand and the thermal linings i have on the patio doors really are not thick enough. im looking at 200+ to have them made and was hoping to be able to source some ready made for half that if I can, many thanks.

have you considered sourcing the fabric yourself then taking them to a local seamstress or tailor? you can often find decent deals on clearance fabrics online or on ebay, might be an idea if you can't get it all in one spot for a good deal
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Afternoon all, I have been reading through your thread and think the tips arfe fantastic. I am very far behind, just going to get thicker curtains up in the bedroom today!! and still need a curtain rail for the front door. I am stocking up the cupboards this week and was windering if any of you lovely people could giveme an idea of what you stock up on as I don't want to miss anything, so far I have stocked toilet roll, all washing stuff, tea bags and have a full freezer it is more my cupboards now, know I need to stock up meds and sugar and coffee but what else??? x
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    tori.k wrote: »

Have you tried Dunelm?
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    After finding out our heating bills are going up by massively I am going to have to think harder about keeping our home snuggly and warm.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    emmad5689 wrote: »
    Afternoon all, I have been reading through your thread and think the tips arfe fantastic. I am very far behind, just going to get thicker curtains up in the bedroom today!! and still need a curtain rail for the front door. I am stocking up the cupboards this week and was windering if any of you lovely people could giveme an idea of what you stock up on as I don't want to miss anything, so far I have stocked toilet roll, all washing stuff, tea bags and have a full freezer it is more my cupboards now, know I need to stock up meds and sugar and coffee but what else??? x
    Try and think what you use every day from breakfast to bedtime. In particular think about things you wouldn't/ couldn/t run short of. So for us UHT milk is a staple. If you couldn't go out for a couple of days what would you run short of and miss.
    :A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Homeagain
    Homeagain Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can anyone recommend a good way of stopping ice forming on the windows of the car? I was told to spray vinegar on the windscreen in the evening but it doesn't seem to work that well. Thanks
  • its started to snow here, sky looks white so i think we have it for a good while yet...havn't got to anywhere until morning so by then i hope the train tracks are cleared to Glasgow :snow_grin
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, And Today is a Gift, That's Why it's Called The Present
    20p jar £1.20:j Mr M saver stamps £7.00 Mr Ice stamps £3.00
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Nicolafine wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good way of stopping ice forming on the windows of the car? I was told to spray vinegar on the windscreen in the evening but it doesn't seem to work that well. Thanks
    You can buy covers for your windscreen - it tucks in the doors before you lock them up, but that doesn't help the rest of the car :(
    I just have a cheap window scraper. I switch the engine on with the front and rear heaters and scrape the rest clear.
    NB - Never ever leave your car with the engine running even for a second! That's how long it takes for it to be stolen, and your insurance may not pay up :eek:
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport