PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2016 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Frugal_gem
    Frugal_gem Posts: 43 Forumite
    Hello!

Please could I join in? My month starts on the 21st (tomorrow).

In for £160

• becky2604
    becky2604 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 June 2016 at 3:44PM
    Please put me down for £290 to include groceries, household cleaning items and formula. Having started and not succeeded each month I'm determined to make it a success in July! My month runs from 20th to the 19th. Off to Lidl to get this weeks groceries - wish me luck!
    £7.68 spent on a book of 1st class stamps yesterday to finally send thankyou cards for all of the baby presents!
    July grocery challenge £161.25/£290
  • AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello! I used to lurk regularly but haven't been on the site for a while... I paid back a hue amount of debt but just before I got to the debt free point, stupidly got a new credit card and a loan. I have no idea how much I usually spend on groceries but at a guess about £400... for 2 of us. So.. please count me in for July. My month will run from 24 June to 24 July and includes DS's 16th birthday so I'm going to aim for £250.
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 June 2016 at 12:21PM
    nsd yesterday, yipee! x oops this was supposed to be for june...sorry!! xx
  • becky2604
    becky2604 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 June 2016 at 1:15PM
    spent £47.26 in Lidl yesterday and this should last the week apart from a small top up of fruit/ veg and salad at the market on Saturday. I've updated my signature.
    NSD today as it's miserable outside and my DD has started teething....at 9 weeks!
    July grocery challenge £161.25/£290
  • Hello!

Please could I join the July groceries challenge? My monthly budget is £150 (weekly £35). I get paid on the 27th and it will be 30 days before I get my next salary. I calculated £5 per day for myself (BF visits but is very good at sharing food bills with me).

Have some debts to clear and starting my MA so all money is going to pay tuition and clear my credit card debt of £3700
    GC May £0/£150
    GC Mar £46.95/£150
    GC Feb £185.75/£150
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 June 2016 at 10:21AM
    Over budget in June; please could you knock me up to £150 in July?

This includes; all food and household items as well as toiletries and nappies/toddler products.

Thanks to Coxy and the team who keep the thread moving. I will engage more this coming month!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone,

Budgets list updated to here :)

Welcome/welcome back to:
    just the two of us, Sky_, oceanspirit, Angelraesunshine, Iwanttobefree1, Frugal_gem, AnnieG and AlwaysHungry2016 :D

Good luck everyone,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Hiya

Am in again, and life is back to normal now too. Can I be in for £140 commencing from 25/6/16.

Thanks
    SIL
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I would like to be in again please, making a bid for £125, to include everything, I need to curb my others spend now.
    Do I need it or just want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport