PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 17 October 2016

Comments

• Morning all,

Grey and rainy here this morning. Felt like an Autumn morning.

Had a lovely weekend celebrating my GF's birthday on Saturday by going into Glasgow for a few drinks and a nice dinner. The few drinks then meant we done very little on Sunday and enjoyed a nice lunch and a Sunday roast. Lovely.

Back to work for a 4 day week as I'm off Friday. The main pressie for my GF was a surprise trip to a luxury lodge, just south of Girvan for a couple of nights and some of her family will be there when we turn up too. Should be another great weekend.

TA - Hope your DS son finds somewhere soon.
    Slowly - I feel positively motivated with your cleaning story. Well done. I need to get the finger out myself.
    Lainey - Glad to hear your DM had a nice day.
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 10:07AM
    LoneWhiteWolf and TravellingAbuela Take it easy xx
    tru I’m so sorry you are having all these probs with your teeth - nothing worse.
    Coxy11 - Hee! Sounds like you had a good time - yay!
    SpekySquareHead - Thank you! Have a gorgeous break - what a lovely pressie for GF and that sounded like a proper mellow weekend you just had - aces.
    Everyone else - Have a beautiful Monday whatever you do xx

Mission: Impossible VII - More Light Please (hums theme tune) Update: Have done inside and outside windows/sills/frames and one more roller blind on ground floor - off to tackle upstairs insides and 3 blinds after a break. Haven't fallen off anything yet, but tripping up over own feet and every microfibre cloth in house is FILTHY lol
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Been raining most of the night but sun has come out now dd has bought a full washing basket down so she has the first load on the go it can all go on the line today.

DD has a driving lesson today and I have the day off :j I am going to have a quick tidy round this morning then nip to the shop for salad bits back to take the dog out and then light the fire and rest in front of a film, work is just exhausting at the moment and I never feel rested enough.

Dinner tonight will be fried chicken breast with garlic chips and salad, I also need to do an online shop (or see if we need one).

DD's graduation this weekend so need to start getting sorted for that we will have a houseful afterwards, Im going to be so proud :D

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Happy Monday everyone!
    I woke up to two angry emails, so not a good start. One was another eBay user saying her parcel hasn't arrived. Very annoying, will probably mean another refund and claiming back off Royal Mail which is a hassle. I'm also trying to sell some furniture through Gumtree and I've got a guy messing me about there too.
    Plan for the day had been painting with my 2 yr old, then out for a walk, then maybe baking biscuits with her. She's now begging to go to 'The Big Park' which is a bus ride away and I am considering it as I will have to go up that way at some point this week anyway.
    Small victory of the day so far was DH taking a packed lunch to work. I just hope he actually eats it, he has been known to take a sandwich then go to a cafe and come home with the sandwich still in his bag!
    Have a lovely day everyone :)
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :wave:

I got up earlier and it was cold and dark so as soon as the girls went to school I headed back to bed and had another hour which made me feel much more human.

I put a chicken in the slowcooker last night so I have just stripped all the meat from it and will make a chicken and veg curry later and a chicken pie tomorrow. I am still amazed at how much meat comes off it when cooked that way.

The kitchen looks like a bombsite so I will be doing a big clean up in a little while. I can't bear to cook when there are dishes stacked up around, DD13 went to school without emptying the dishwasher so that will be my first job.

I can't shake my low mood which is annoying. I may try my SAD light again this year. I don't think it really helps to be honest but I am willing to give it a go again and the light is quite cheery.

Everyone sounds very productive on here which is nice to read. Makes me want to get off my bum and do something useful.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 October 2016 at 11:46AM
    Oh, actually, a quick question for you all.

On Wednesday my GF and I are doing a come dine with me kind of night with her brother and sister. Her brothers to make the starter, her sister will make the main and we've to make the dessert. So for 6 people and I've been told to stay clear of fruit based desserts.

Suggestions anyone?

Also, I need to make it on Tuesday to eat on Wednesday, so something that can keep.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Speky - how about baileys cheesecake - can decorate with grated chocolate
  • Oh, actually, a quick question for you all.

On Wednesday my GF and I are doing a come dine with me kind of night with her brother and sister. Her brothers to make the starter, her sister will make the main and we've to make the dessert. So for 6 people and I've been told to stay clear of fruit based desserts.

Suggestions anyone?

Also, I need to make it on Tuesday to eat on Wednesday, so something that can keep.
    Having a bit of a blank, but what about some sort of cake or chocolate brownie, then you can make it and serve with cream or something on the night? Not sure if you'd want something a bit more fancy for a dinner party though?
  • Hiya folks,

I bought Stardrops today - does this mean I'm an official member of OS? It does, right? I was a bit too happy to find it, I definitely need to get out more. :o
  • Oh, actually, a quick question for you all.

Suggestions anyone?

How about Tiramisu?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport