Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Had a nice easy DS about how I watch TV on different devices. I thought I was gonna get DQed as it also asked about a long list of films and whether I'd seen them, and I answered no to them all, but it was fine.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    I assume that this is for people in Southern Ireland

From Facebook:-

For our Ireland users, email surveys are now available to you. Go and fill your profiles out here and good luck -

http://www.swagbucks.com/account/settings?cint=1#tab=surveyProfiles
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    Mark7724 wrote: »
    Please can anyone help me cash out, I want to use the sms option to cash out a voucher but it asks for a 10 digit phone number, my mobile number is 11 digits as I suspect are most peoples in the UK - how do I enter this number?

Thanks in anticipation

Mark

fyi I started Swagbucks on 20th May and have just reached a 10 paypal cash out, omg it feels like a lot of work but has been okay I guess!

Mark, a lot of people are having problems with account verification using the sms option and are having to use the postcard option instead
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 48 Forumite
    110/110 on the dot - that Nicotinell offer turned up for me today, and it helped a lot, along with a PL survey on custom greetings cards. I might do a little more today.
  • janeken
    janeken Posts: 348 Forumite
    Yep, there is one high one towards the middle of the month - it stops people getting 2/3 weeks in a row - and for the ones who passed that hurdle, a nice , high one at the end.

This month was the first time I decided not to make any effort to reach goal every day and - although it has made a huge difference to my stress levels and the amount of time I spend on the sites - it has not made much difference to my earnings as they had gone down A LOT since Christmas. I have spent the extra time on other sites, with much better results with less effort :D

Me too. I haven't bothered about reaching the daily targets in April or May and have just spent an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening getting what SwagBucks I can. Sometimes I reach the targety and sometimes I don't. I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time on the site and I felt a lot better once I decided to stop bothering with the daily targets - if I went out for the day I used to get stressed and try to catch up when I got back home. We have just moved house and when we get sorted out I will be looking at other sites people on here have suggested. At the moment I just do SwagBucks and InBox pounds. Just by clicking the InBox pound emails I and watching their videos I have accumulated a small amount. I do get survey emails from them but so far I haven't bothered to do them.
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just did a really easy TS on wool, but I think you have to live fairly near London and have visited last year to qualify
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • paulshorse
    Yep, there is one high one towards the middle of the month - it stops people getting 2/3 weeks in a row - and for the ones who passed that hurdle, a nice , high one at the end.

This month was the first time I decided not to make any effort to reach goal every day and - although it has made a huge difference to my stress levels and the amount of time I spend on the sites - it has not made much difference to my earnings as they had gone down A LOT since Christmas. I have spent the extra time on other sites, with much better results with less effort :D

The daily goals have been generally higher each day as well, so combined with the lack of opportunities to earn, things not crediting and the lowering of the amount of sb you get from surveys on the walls, people are having to spend longer and longer on the site which in turn means that Swagbucks earn more from us.
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    TallerPaul wrote: »
    heads up folks i just got a phone call from 02073451299 after entering one of the Ipad give aways he said i was a winner, and how i would also get a minium of 10K in cash however this will be provided in 800 lottery tickets, then he mumbled something about direct debits, and then said since their not taking any payment off me they don't need any personal information this is not a scam phone call all they need is my sort code and my branch number which seemed fair enough....

So gave them my old sort code not the new one,,,,, then he asked for the 8 digit number which should be A/C i was like fook that and hung up and said my battery died

Basically setting up a direct debit without permission, i come from telephone inbound customer service background and i know you have to read out all the mandates and yer he was force selling using deception so just a heads up folks.

Done a little googling found out they don't give up and they phone people 20+ times and refuse to stop..... good thing i used my burner number :D which was from an offer of a free o2 simcard xD and their real site is

http://www.eurochance100.co.uk

Not the company their offer pretends to be as they wern't a 3rd party shared info

Paul, I've reported this scam to Swagbucks UK on facebook - it appears someone else has had this too. Can you pinpoint the offer to a specific offer wall (I know you have said it was a 'win an iPad offer, but I think there are a few of those) so that Swagbucks can take it up with the wall in question?
    2014 goal £180/600
  • TallerPaul
    TallerPaul Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2013 at 5:28PM
    paulshorse wrote: »
    Paul, I've reported this scam to Swagbucks UK on facebook - it appears someone else has had this too. Can you pinpoint the offer to a specific offer wall (I know you have said it was a 'win an iPad offer, but I think there are a few of those) so that Swagbucks can take it up with the wall in question?

Morning/afternoon all and Paul number 1, sorry just woke up, i don't remember to be honest paul and when i complete an offer which i do many of it never appears again i would remember it if i seen the page again, i beleieve it had ipad, iphone and something else and it had numbers left to be won.

so anyway here i go starting balance 3506 daily goal today 110 lets see if i can crack it without spending the nothing i have in my bank account till tuesday :( its been a long 2 weeks without a penny to buy anything with.

Oh another thing if you do downloads there is something i found for better tracking of them goto your control panel set default programs go to the web browser setting and say for example you do the offer on firefox set it to firefox and so on as i noticed before that i would complete an offer on google chrome it would shut google chrome when installing and then open IE when finished installing i think thats why some of the download ones don't work

And don't forget thriftyfilictys post about the Oracle virtual machine its brilliant if you don't want to mess up your computer with the downloads although you will need your computers original installation disc to install the virtual system but after that you can clone the system and delete the one thats got all the junk on it

Also anyone doing nectar adpoints

http://www.nectaradpoints.com/nectar/user/login?returnurl=%2fnectar%2fad%2fcampaign%3fid%3d121455d3-f25e-4d6c-b729-a615ed083b46

That's the email link to the bonus advert this week worth double points rather than normal
    September Challenge
    InstaGC Joint 3/6/13 = £250.00 tallerpaul.com
    Swagbucks £0/£10
    Neobux £0/£0 - they deleted me
  • paulshorse
    ACTIVE CODE

LastChance

8sb by 8pm
    2014 goal £180/600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills