PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Comments

• FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I’m in for 2 stone please.

I’m in for H2H as well too please. I need to pack room by room.

Thankfully my cleaner gets back on Tuesday so I can hand over some of the basics. Sorry if that is cheating:D
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We’ve flung 28 bags today of stuff
    We can now see the end of the under stair cupboard joint effort photos on facebooky
    Sorted tins, pasta and spice cupboard
    There is a lot of things I don’t need to buy for quite some time
    I have 3 pots of thyme so looking for recipes with it, 1 huge and 3 small of crushed chillis
    I have at least 250 dishwasher tablets ....
    Some is 6 bags of clothes and shoes to be rehomed
    OHs van is packed to the doors to take into work, we’ll distribute the tip run into my car as can’t take a van
    I’ve had washer on full tilt all day

**** not dried my bed sheets back in a bit
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Evening

I'm in

Work done, I have a few days off to make up for all the work I have done

So cleaning is on my list

I'm sleepy atm
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Hi all
    Thanks to Natty and Valli for the lists

I'm in this week. With the must try harder mule needing flung my way.

Apart from the lists I have
    Monday, dancing
    Tuesday, dancing
    Wednesday, dancing
    Thursday, dancing
    Friday, dancing
    Sunday, dancing.
    Is it obvious the first comp of the year is this month?
    I need to clear a shelf in the cupboard in the hall for the Christmas stuff at some point. Most of the stuff in there was given to me but I've not got a use for so I'll box it for the charity shop.
    DD has crashed out on the couch bit worried about her actually she's been very clingy wanted a cuddle tonight. Hopefully she's just tired and it's not anything else.
    Can't join the slinky challenge cause I'm under doctors orders to put on a stone which I'm finding very difficult. H2H though count me in on that.
    Just chilling now before I need to go to bed.
    Sleep well everyone x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Thanks for the new thread
    Working tomorrow first aid course so will be in in the afternoon
    I'm up for H2H and will continue decluttering with the aim to the two spare rooms looking less like dumping grounds
    My slinky aim is at least a stone but I need to weigh myself first to see what I am as I never usually do that.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Valli thanks for the thread, will you please add Hex2 to H2H

Lil-me, was any of it the stuff from that Wilkos thing we did on Quidco years ago? My cleaning cupboard was full for years because of that :rotfl:

Glad you swap the rooms round still, I'll always be playing catch up on the work day ones and the bathroom really needs a deep clean.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you Natty and Valli for the threads. I'm in again after a fashion. It's a busy week this week again, with an extra day at paid stuff, plus a school trip and 2 dentist trips to factor in.

I'm also in for H2H, as I need to reclaim 2 bedrooms and a dining room. Does the garage and a shed count too??!

Catch you all in the morning x
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    Hi Folks,

I'm new to this but I feel it could be so helpful. My OH and I have lived in the same house for 34 years and have accumulated a lot of "stuff". I'm soon on a year countdown to my 60th birthday and retirement and we plan to up sticks and move from London to Devon.:j Soooooo, I need to gradually get rid of said "stuff" and also prepare our house for selling. It seems such a daunting task! :eek:

I'm hope that this structure and approach will get me on track. :T

Fae xx
    “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome Faete. Devon. OOh

Had a brilliant weekend than got hit by the blues. Anyway I managed to finish my last work job.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 11:26PM
    hex2 wrote: »

Lil-me, was any of it the stuff from that Wilkos thing we did on Quidco years ago? My cleaning cupboard was full for years because of that :rotfl:
    :D there is some dishwasher cleaner in one cupboard from that, think we’re onto the last bottle of the radox.... I’ll let you know if I find anything else :rotfl: I was literally thinking about that today. I remember some 26 boxes arriving and hiding them straight under the stairs from OH. The table and chairs I got with part of the comp prize is at the caravan I think. It was 2 house moves ago, so anything that was has moved twice

Speaking of which some of the food inc spices that went today has moved twice ...

Whoever was on about hoarding that’s me, it’s from when the boys were babies and we literally had nothing. Less than Nothing just loads of debt. Worrying where the next meal was coming from. Now I can’t cope to throw things away

Sheets in the drier, found a temporary spare it has a hole in but it’ll do. Don’t believe I’ve done that �� annoyed myself. I’m really pleased with how well organised things are becoming here. We needed that to move forward. Moved in such a rush and just piled it away, it’s never been right since.

Decluttered myself to the shower and made a head start on tomorrow’s list as I’ve decided the new shower curtains going up, I’ve cleaned the tiles while I was in the shower and got the bins ready to go down in the morning.

Overnight oats in the fridge I’ve overfilled the Kilner jar :eek: so might have some before I leave. Done spare peppers & onions for pasta salad sauce, got chicken fillet & roasties I did while ours was cooking ready for OHs uncles dinner tomorrow. The list says bed an hour earlier tomorrow which is less likely as I have meeting I am secretary for ..... so going to do it tonight by 11.30 not 12.30. First to get this sheet on. Usually OHs job!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure