Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Max_Hughes wrote: »
    Aaaand I'm off...

31/01 Offer made on property
    02/02 Offer Accepted
    05/02 DIP with Natwest made & approved (via broker)
    05/02 Full application submitted (via broker)

Squeaky bum time...

07/02 Valuation booked for 13th
    07/02 3 months payslips requested and sent
  • Mermaid89
    Mermaid89 Posts: 107 Forumite
    08/02 - Bank statements sent to Halifax and accepted.
    12/02 - valuation due

Only one big hurdle left...(famous last words!)
  • 16/1 DIP through broker with Tesco Bank referred.
    17/1 DIP approved
    19/1 Offer accepted
    26/1 Full application submitted - 3 months bank statements and payslip requested.
    27/1 call from countrywide to book valuation. Valuation booked for 7/2.
    07/02 - bank statements received and uploaded to broker/Tesco.
    07/02 - valuation carried out
    09/02 - query from underwriter about a previous address
    09/02 - application approved subject to satisfactory valuation report being received
  • New to the site, searching online because we have been worried ever since we applied for our mortgage. First time buyers using help to buy, all seems to be going well and very fast, we got the mortgage in principle and the HTB authority to proceed within days of applying, had the survey and valuation 5 days later (yesterday) and the broker seems to think we'll get a decision mon/tues, so scared!!! fingers crossed for all of you too!
  • Hi all!

Can't think about anything other than houses at the moment so thought I'd add our situation to the mix.

4.2.2018 - viewed house and put offer in
    5.2.2018 - offer accepted, solicitor instructed and application submitted with Santander with broker
    6.2.2018 - valuation booked
    8.2.2018 - valuation carried out

Now it's just a waiting game! The house is made of concrete which is possibly what's delaying it. There is a chance they'll come back and say they won't lend on it and then we'll have to reapply to Halifax (where the vendor got their mortgage). It's a 100 year old house though so I'm hoping the concrete isn't an issue.

Fingers crossed! :D
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    No advice, I am waiting for the underwriter / surveyor who did our valuation form the bank to come back and say whether they are really valuing it so long below the housing associations price, our valuation has been done and I believe documents have been checked or so it says on system but think this valuation thing is going to drag things out - Hoping for an answer by Friday. Why aren't they booking your valuation? We submitted Monday night and they rung Tuesday morning to book a valuation.

Spending queen have u got anymore updates in your situation?
    Finally my application came back from a random Audit at nationwide headiffice. Valuations booked in for next Friday as Im having a homebuyers survey done at the same time. This process is so long-winded !
  • I’m currently playing the waiting game on my mortgage with Nationwide.

Valuation was done on the 02/02/18
    Nationwide confirmed they had received it on the same day
    Not heard anything since.

Anyone else had experience with Nationwide?
    Home owner at 23 without the bank of Mum and Dad. :T
  • Fisa002
    Did you go through a broker or direct?
    I guess you could always call them and ask where they are upto with your application? I think you should have heard something by now
  • Well finally after my mortgage advisor at Nationwide chasing it up the survey had just said it was £110k instead of £112k so valuation is fine and they can lend at same rate etc so the process has been taken off hold I think it was Thursday but still haven't heard anything - Seemed to take forever for them to look into valuation but guess only started process 22nd January - Seemed to take just one week last year when we tried to buy a different house before we pulled out.
    Hopefully some movement this week.
  • Fisa002
    Well finally after my mortgage advisor at Nationwide chasing it up the survey had just said it was £110k instead of £112k so valuation is fine and they can lend at same rate etc so the process has been taken off hold I think it was Thursday but still haven't heard anything - Seemed to take forever for them to look into valuation but guess only started process 22nd January - Seemed to take just one week last year when we tried to buy a different house before we pulled out.
    Hopefully some movement this week.

Oh so there wasnt an issue with the valuation after all ? Thats brilliant news. Did you get a valuation or survey aswell? Other lenders usually only take a day or two after valuation and they know. It seems nationwide take a while in this case. It took them almost three weeks just to get my valuation done. I really hope it wont be too long after that is done for them to get back.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback