Buying after living abroad

I have to move back to UK after living abroad for many years. The mortgage advisor I saw said that I don’t need any pay slips or anything to show the source. I’m just about to close my bank account Overseas.... anyone have any advice?

I’m not coming up with any searches on this forum.... keeps on timing out l :/

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Your solicitor will want to check your source of founds and will have their own requirements (and your mortgage advisor ought to be aware of that!). I can't think of a reason for keeping the account open? As long as you keep your statements.
  • davidmcn wrote: »
    Your solicitor will want to check your source of founds and will have their own requirements (and your mortgage advisor ought to be aware of that!). I can't think of a reason for keeping the account open? As long as you keep your statements.

He said because the source of funds was me sending to my bank account from Overseas it!!!8217;s ok. As it!!!8217;s not a cash deposit within the uk.

Can I actually get a solicitor without buying a house?
  • davidmcn
    He said because the source of funds was me sending to my bank account from Overseas it!!!8217;s ok. As it!!!8217;s not a cash deposit within the uk.

Can I actually get a solicitor without buying a house?
    If anything, money from overseas is likely to be scrutinised more carefully, so I'm not sure why he gave that advice.

Get a solicitor to do what? Do you mean get some initial advice about what their anti-money-laundering requirements will be? Yes, they should be able to do that.
    If anything, money from overseas is likely to be scrutinised more carefully, so I'm not sure why he gave that advice.

Get a solicitor to do what? Do you mean get some initial advice about what their anti-money-laundering requirements will be? Yes, they should be able to do that.

Its been sent by myself to myself.... how would I get a solicitors advice about what I need to provide for a mortgage? Is there a special type or will anyone do? I’m a newbie to this. Ta.
  • davidmcn
    Its been sent by myself to myself.... how would I get a solicitors advice about what I need to provide for a mortgage? Is there a special type or will anyone do? I’m a newbie to this. Ta.
    You shop around for the solicitor you'd want to use for your purchase and ask them what they'll need.
    You shop around for the solicitor you'd want to use for your purchase and ask them what they'll need.

I haven’t got a house to buy yet, still Overseas ;)

I’ll call a few places :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport