PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 5th November 2014

Options
O/S Daily Thread Wednesday 5th November
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the lovely comments about Sammy :D I think he needs a girlfriend, he looks a bit lonely on the arm of the sofa :D From the lack of 'EEEEWWWWs', I take it no-one saw the photo of my son's thumb after it'd been sliced vertically with a stanley knife? :eek: :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]LameWolf The stuffing is from an old cushion :D It's hollow fibre. I have a few of them so I won't need to buy any for a while. When it runs out I'll search for the best price for toy stuffing, there's loads on ebay and Amazon. A snake with proper markings would look great, would love to see a photo if you decide to make one :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Really cold this morning. I'm currently wearing a vest, pyjamas, a chunky cardi, thick socks and furry boots. My hip is aching a bit. I'm eating weetabix with hot milk to help warm me up. 43yo but feeling 90 :D:D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Work this morning then I need to clean out the chicken shed. If the weather's anything like it was yesterday afternoon, I'm going to veg on the sofa under a blanket and watch cheesy films on Christmas 24 :D[/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Still dark, temperature seems to have dropped a lot too, possibly had a touch of frost.

DH gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work.

Dinner last night was venison, mash, and veg with LO Yorkshires – wasn’t very impressed with the quality of the meat, some of it was tough and stringy but not all of it – but had bought it with my on-line shopping as it was convenient, so won’t be buying that again, and it just reinforces my thoughts that I should be buying my meat elsewhere! Remembered to get the chicken out to defrost last night, tonight I will be making chicken in hoisin sauce, prawns in black bean sauce with noodles and egg fried rice.

Will do my normal Wednesday jobs today. Hoping very much that tomorrow I’ll be out of plaster and getting back to some sort of “normal” – whatever that is!

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Dark but dry for a change here.

Only in work one day this week, yesterday was a meeting in Glasgow and then off Thursday and Friday. Got a dental appointment which is an hour and half long as I need the broken tooth fixed and then there's a fractured filling to sort out too. Last week the appointment was taken up by lots of x-rays and prodding!

Today I need to sort out my expenses, haven't done them for two months now. It just takes so long and it's fiddly, I really should do them as I go along.

Breakfast is a handful of cashew nuts and over ripe banana.

Hope everyone (and pets) is doing OK.

Happy Wednesday.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Chilly here too today, still it will be warm at work once the machines start thundering away, they chuck out loads of heat. We've had a new heating system installed at work & of course it doesn't work, I've worked their 11 years & we've never had reliable heating, lol.
    LW, hubby's toes look gruesome but are actually doing really well, he's back at work tomorrow. I hope your appointment goes well.
    It's time I set off, have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Looks like another nice day here, yesterday was lovely with a shower about 4pm - that was when I decided to walk to the library to get some bags for the compost bin - so I got a bit wet, not too bad though.

I had bought some pansies, etc for school from H0mebase on Monday, the children and I had a great time clearing the garden beds and planting them that I have bought some more. Going in early again to get them planted if I can. The plants are all reduced as they have stopped flowering for the time being, once they are dead headed and been planted up for a while they will be ok.

DD was at a concert last night so I picked her up from the station about 11.30, didn't sleep very well so feeling a bit jaded.

Chap came about the fence - £1200! Still it needs doing, especially as I am thinking about getting a dog next year. Only thinking! Not had a dog for 5 years but I think I am ready for one now. Anyway, once I have a fence I can get on and do something to the garden.

Not sure what's for tea, will have a look in the freezer.

tru - I think Sammy needs a Samantha!
    Mrs LW - Hope you're feeling better.
    LW- Let's hope the BD gets chased away soon.
    HH - How are hubby's toes?
    RR - Any news on little dog?
    Hugs to anyone feeling a little low or poorly. Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2014 at 9:26PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Little dog is home ! Vet phoned me yesterday to say that she was doing much better, but that she was now worried about her eyes as one on them looked really bad like it was closing in on itself, she said they wanted to keep her in one more night just to make sure that she was as well as could be, but could we go in and see her and discuss the eye (it did not sound good), I told her that it was best we didn't go as it would make her mega stressed when we left her again. vet insisted that we went in, so off we went, she looked so well and was over the moon to see us. The Eye did not look too bad to me.

We said good bye and left her there only to get a phone call as soon as we walked in the door asking if we could go and get her as she had pulled the drip out of her leg twice since we left ! ( I knew it would stress her out too much ) any way OH ran back and got her, she patrolled around the house this morning making sure everything was as it should be !
    she is not out of the woods by a long shot but is much happier to be home!
    Thanks again for the good wishes.

Off to work today, my mum is coming down to sit with little dog and make sure she is ok, dd will take over at lunch time.

Dinner tonight will be some steak and ale pies which were on offer and some mash and veg.

The oxtail was delish yesterday really tasty will defiantly have it again.

Have good days all xx
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Redruby - glad little doggy is better - keep praying for her.
    She is obviously exerting her personality again with the drip - lol xxx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all

RR that is such good news that you have her home, I hope she continues to improve now.

Weather not paticularly bright at the moment, but I understand it should clear.

We are off to DD to take down her curtains in the kitchen and wash them, clean the windows and put curtains back up before we leave. I don't want her climbing on stools trying to do this and then undoing all the work on her leg.

Other than that not a lot planned for today, must have a prescription made up, and I think it will be pasta and sauce for our meal this evening. so that will be nice and easy.

Hugs to all poorlies, human and animal, and Hester pleased L&M toes are healing well, he really has done very well hasn't he. It isn't as though you can immobalise your feet whilst they are healing.

LYN I hope you and He Who Knows are feeling a little better today.

Have a good day everyone

Candlelightx
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning,

Redruby, so happy to hear that little dog is home!

Gers, good luck at the dentist.

Camelot, how lovely for the children to be outside and be able to plant flowers, we never did this when I was at school. What age group do you teach?

Tru, sammy is lovely.

Hello all!

My usual feeling of waking up flat, think it is my medication as I always have such active dreams I wake up feeling exhausted! Oh well, I will soon buck up after my breakfast and a sit in front of my light box.

Plans for today are to do washing and hopefully be able to put on the airers as no viewers booked in today.

Dinner will be mince and pasta.

Apart from this, no other plans for today. I do need to work on a plan for eating more sensibly and exercising as far too much sugar is creeping back into my diet.

Take care all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning all, grey looking outside so I'm staying in the warm today tonight DD will pick me up along with the boys around 6ish and we're going back to her house for fireworks and dinner.
    yesterday afternoon I had a rummage in the freezer and found some small rolls that I put into the remoska for the boys when they arrived at my house afterschool. I also found some chopped up bacon so I fried that up to a crisp and the boys had bacon crispy rolls as they walked through the door.They were highly appreciated and the youngest lad mikey said 'I just love the smell of your house Nanny' I'm hoping he means the small of bacon :):):)
    I have a feeling there are some potato scones in the bottom of the freezer so I may dig them out for their afterschool snack today,toasted with some grated cheese should go down a treat at around 3.30 :):)
    I made my 'bendy veg soup' yesterday and it turned out very well, so lunches are sorted for the rest of the week.
    NSD's this week if I can help it :)
    Hope everyone has a good day,we're half way through the week already 7 weeks tomorrow is Christmas day !!!
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family