PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sandwich Meat

1131415161719»

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Gammon joints you need to be careful with. Most are FORMED using cuts of meat, injected with a saline solution and lord knows what else to glue the pieces together. Even the gammon on the bone is usually formed. I mean let's wise up and admit to ourselves how many farmers are producing to supermarket weights?

I have a meat slicer, inherited, and worth it's weight in gold seeing as I can't slice thin free hand

One of my sandwich meat fillings I like is a chicken thigh stuffed with either just a bread based stuffing, or with leeks and cheese or ( and )!bacon

Fillet the thigh. Bash out till flat Add filling of choice and roll. Wrap in cling film and make a really tight sausage making sure it's well sealed. Wrap again in foil and bring to a boil and simmer for around 20 mins

When cold, unwrap and thinly slice. - knife or slicer. One thigh will do a couple of sarnies

Same with ham. Best to buy a cut of pork and cure it yourself then buy a so called " gammon". Read the label. They are 90%!or more made from pre formed meat
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Agree with suki1964 you really do need to read the labels, or buy from a local, traditional, butcher

What seems to be ham etc is just reformed gunk
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure