The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Comments

• Kepp
    Kepp Posts: 4,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    For no reason I can fathom work have paid me £135 again this month, this 'unpaid' maternity lark isn't too bad!

Not sure how maternity pay works but when I took a 6 month unpaid career break I got approx £100 a month back. Turned out it was because the PAYE tax system makes the assumption when deducting tax that you will be earning that salary for the entire year so when you don't, some tax is owed back.

Hope that not-very-technical explanation makes sense! :)
    Debt at LBM Apr 2010 £28,767 Debt free as of Nov 2013 :j
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Aye I think it's tax, it's a lovely unexpected bonus any which way.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93 wrote: »
    I know, can't believe I'm feeling positive, I've got a very very scratchy throat, want to cough every second of the day and night, and had yet another poor night's sleep, plus the whole robbing Peter to pay Paul makes my head and heart hurt, but might as well use this energy while I have it.

Defo use all that energy while you have it! I can relate to the poor nights sleep. Evie had her MMR on Thursday and she hasn't slept the past 2 nights. Luckily I went to bed at 9.30pm last night because from 1.45am until 6.30am (when Max got up) I had barely any sleep :( Am hoping she will sleep tonight. I am used her and Max having 11/12 hours sleep a night!

Is Grace teething?
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Dinah93
    Doesn't seem to be, but in the last 10 days she's completely reverted to wanting a bottle between 3 and 4am, she hadn't wanted that for about 2 months, but then when she wakes at 6 she doesn't want the bottle at all.... this morning she was retching when she could SEE the bottle, didn't even get it near her mouth!
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    Also in exciting family news NIM and I decided we're going to take her swimming for the first time on her birthday, so have ordered her a little wetsuity thing to keep her warm and floaty, and a ring with a seat in, will be good for Greece too (did I mention we've booked it?!)
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93 wrote: »
    Also in exciting family news NIM and I decided we're going to take her swimming for the first time on her birthday, so have ordered her a little wetsuity thing to keep her warm and floaty, and a ring with a seat in, will be good for Greece too (did I mention we've booked it?!)

Aw that will be lovely. I didn't think she would be allowed to go swimming with the risk of other people at a public pool so that's great that she can! My 2 love the water. I need to learn to drive so I can bring them more often!

Oh and well done on booking Greece. Lovely to look forward to the sun! Did it work out fairly reasonable in the end?
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Exciting news about booking Greece! :) Have you worked it out to be nice and affordable? :) Hope Grace enjoys her first holiday! :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Exciting news about Greece Dinah! Wghen is it you are going?

Enjoy the swimming, Poppy loves it although havent taken her for ages.

Had quite a nice weekend. Got Poppy's passport pics taken and she was actually quite co-operative. Just need OH to get it signed now at work. Also had a look at suits at moss bros for the wedding. Need OH to go back when he has shoes to try on then he can pick so the best men and dads can go get measured.
  • Dinah93
    Aw that will be lovely. I didn't think she would be allowed to go swimming with the risk of other people at a public pool so that's great that she can! My 2 love the water. I need to learn to drive so I can bring them more often!

Oh and well done on booking Greece. Lovely to look forward to the sun! Did it work out fairly reasonable in the end?
    Her favourite consultant said she can once she's 9 months adjusted, which is pretty much bang on her birthday, so seemed a nice treat.

Reasonable-ish. It's going to be about £1150 for the three of us excluding the train up to Edinburgh, so a bit more than we hoped, but we get 11 days away and it'll be a nice relaxing time somewhere we've never seen.
    Birdie85 wrote: »
    Exciting news about booking Greece! :) Have you worked it out to be nice and affordable? :) Hope Grace enjoys her first holiday! :)
    wendz86 wrote: »
    Exciting news about Greece Dinah! Wghen is it you are going?

Not until the end of May, but it's given me a goal. The weight loss has hit a major plateau recently, despite watching what I eat religiously, so I'm hoping to be able to get bikini ready in 3 months :s
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • I think that's a great price for a family holiday! Well not 'great' by our MSE standards but not expensive by normal standards either.

Fab news about Gracie the water baby :) Relating to your weight loss comment, mine had well and truly plateaued (lots of comfort eating last week :o) but I went swimming at the hotel at the weekend for the first time since my hols in August and could really feel it working so many of my muscles, so I'm going to look at adding swimming to my weekly routine to supplement the running - just need to find out when the adults only session is (can't be doing with being divebombed by 12 year olds!).
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport