Balance Transfer from a Vanquis

Could someone please clarify for me whether or not it is possible to do a BT from a Vanquis card to a 0% card?
My car needs a bit of work doing to it (around £800's worth) and i was going to use my Vanquis too pay for it then transfer the balance onto my Barclaycard which currently has a 0% BT for 6 months promotion.But i have just read on another post that it is not possible to transfer from Vanquis.If this is the case is there anyway round it?

Comments

• ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    The only way BT's can be done with Vanquis is if Barclays does it as a manual BT.

When I transfered a balance from my Vanquis to Sygma's card, they asked me for Vanquis' account number and sortcode, sending it as BACS I believe.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • selecta_c
    selecta_c Posts: 220 Forumite
    So i would have too phone Barclays up to do the transfer,i could not do it on the Barclaycard website?
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You could try doing it via the website but chances are it wouldn't work, and you wouldn't find out for a few weeks that it hadn't worked.

Best bet is to call them, be very paitent whilst talking to their abysmal offshore customer service (don't you just love Barclaycard for that?), and get it done manually.

I wish you the very best of luck trying to explain it to Barclays' customer services! Keep us posted ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    selecta_c wrote: »
    So i would have too phone Barclays up to do the transfer,i could not do it on the Barclaycard website?

I doubt it will work doing it on Barclaycards website, but you can always try. You could phone up and ask if they do BT directly into the other companys bank account but they might not, or they may even consider it a cash withdrawl. I'm not sure how Barclaycard works.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • selecta_c
    Sounds like its no easy feat.Will let you know how i get on when the time comes.
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have just rang my CC to do a balance transfer off my vanquis card and she send it went through ok, will wait and see if it goes through

What is the worstthat can happen, Vanquis reject it ?
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    doelani wrote: »
    I have just rung my CC to do a balance transfer off my vanquis card and she said it went through ok. Will wait and see if it goes through What is the worst that can happen, Vanquis reject it?
    Vanquis will not accept BT requests, as I think the OP realises, but I doubt whether Vanquis can distinguish BACS payments made by other card companies from those of their customers. You should be fine ;)
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • selecta_c
    Moggles wrote: »
    Vanquis will not accept BT requests, as I think the OP realises, but I doubt whether Vanquis can distinguish BACS payments made by other card companies from those of their customers. You should be fine ;)

So how would i go about getting Barclays too make a BACS payment to Vanquis and would the payment be classed as a balance transfer by Barclays?
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    selecta_c wrote: »
    So how would i go about getting Barclays to make a BACS payment to Vanquis and would the payment be classed as a balance transfer by Barclays?
    I would telephone Barclaycard and ask to transfer a balance from your Vanquis card. (I wouldn't mention a BACS payment, although that is how it's done.)

If you ring Card Services during business hours on 0800 917 7277, you'll avoid the perishing 0870/0844 numbers and, with luck, the overseas call centre ;)

B'card may insist on posting you a pass code first. (This is an extra layer of security introduced by B'card recently and nothing to do with Vanquis)

Please keep us posted.

Very best
    M
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • selecta_c
    Thanks for the info,as soon i've done it i will post the outcome on MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure