Where to buy Malaria Tablets?

Options
Hi

I have just been quoted £80 per person for malria tablets from Boots for 8 weeks supply, is there anywher cheaper?

Thanks
Titch :)

Comments

• beautifulgorgeous_2
    Options
    I got some online for my dd when she went to India for about 14 quid with freepost. I can`t remember which site but I googled and went with the one that gave me advise to which ones to take for the area she visited.
  • Eiteews
    Eiteews Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Travelpharm are very reasonable and also have a country list which recommends the best type of tablet for your destination. Is this the one you meant beautifulgorgeous?

www.travelpharm.com
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Rashid

I'll move your thread to the 'Health & Beauty' board, where it should get more responses.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • livinginhope
    Options
    We got ours on prescription and only paid the prescription fee,why would you have to buy them?
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • pboae
    pboae Posts: 2,719 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where are you going? It's usually cheaper to buy them when you get there. I buy enough to take before I go and a few days extra, then buy the rest when I arrive for a fraction of the price.

Livinginhope: Don't know how you managed that, AFAIK the NHS don't fund them.
    When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.
  • Bettyboop
    Bettyboop Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Options
    livinginhope, I asked my doctor the same question and I was told that because malaria is non existent here the NHS don't see why it should be provided for just a prescription cost. I went to Africa with my three-year old last year in May and I paid about £80.00 at Boots for both of. You do get alternitives but if you don't have an immunity (I grew up there but have been here for 6 years so took them anyway) they don't reccommend alternatives.

Good Luck.

For God knew in His great wisdom

That he couldn't be everywhere,
    So he put His little Children
    In a loving mother's care.
  • shokadelika
    Options
    Google Catnip Oil its the best mozzie killer repells everything cheap and no side effects.
    Are U getting enough Vitamin D in your life!?
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Options
    Which malaria tablets are they? Malarone? Is it a private prescription that you've got? If so, I think Tesco Pharmacy do them quite cheap.
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • Sam_26
    Sam_26 Posts: 235 Organisation Representative
    Options
    We are happy to provide a quote for you.

We charge £2.15 per tablet for Malarone Tablets

£20 for the Paludrine/Avloclor (7 week pack)

£10 for Doxycycline (7 week pack)

All these need a private prescription.

PM for more details
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • livinginhope
    Options
    Sorry if my post has mislead anyone,we got ours on prescription when we went to Egypt a few years ago,obviously things have changed since then and they are now no longer available.
    LIH
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts